B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey Armin, I was wondering since you are the N/A god (I used god because you will run 13's soon enough) if you could give some tips on legal Drag racing for everyone with SE-R's/Spec V's.

what to shift @?
What tire pressure to use with stock tires?
What techniques to use for launching? like slipping or dumping the clutch.
how to remove passenger seat?

What would you suggest for cold weather launching i.e 54f (you know your jealous) as for rpm's.

what would you suggest for warm weather launchingi.e72f?

please respond to as many of these as possible, I know it will help alot of people.

·
Banned
2,745 Posts
although i consider myself a mere mortal compaired to armin, in my experience reving to 2100 rpm and then dropping the clutch has worked for me. also shifting at around 5700 to 6000 is ideal. don't shift at 6200, its way too close to that damed rev limiter. as for PSI in the contis, 29 in the front, 45 in the back

·
Poopra King
7,072 Posts
SpecVracer315 said:
although i consider myself a mere mortal compaired to armin, in my experience reving to 2100 rpm and then dropping the clutch has worked for me. also shifting at around 5700 to 6000 is ideal. don't shift at 6200, its way too close to that damed rev limiter. as for PSI in the contis, 29 in the front, 45 in the back
ROFLMAO!!!

·
3.5 PWN3S JOOH!
1,073 Posts
Being the One....is like being in love, Nobody can tell you...you are,

You Just know it.

(Matrix quote of the day)

Armin is like Morpheus, GHSER is the ONE!

·
Poopra King
7,072 Posts
specracer2 said:
hey Armin, I was wondering since you are the N/A god (I used god because you will run 13's soon enough) if you could give some tips on legal Drag racing for everyone with SE-R's/Spec V's.

what to shift @?
What tire pressure to use with stock tires?
What techniques to use for launching? like slipping or dumping the clutch.
how to remove passenger seat?

What would you suggest for cold weather launching i.e 54f (you know your jealous) as for rpm's.

what would you suggest for warm weather launchingi.e72f?

please respond to as many of these as possible, I know it will help alot of people.
You guys are funny, but here's my secrets...lol

I shift 1st and 2nd @ 6000. In 3rd I shift at 6200.

Radials shouldn't be under 25psi, I run 27-29psi to help with trap speeds. Less than 25 and the contact patch bows up and you actually have less tire contact with the ground, and it causes too much drag at the end of the track.

For launching, I drive through the water and pull the e-brake and dump the clutch while in 2nd gear. I let the tires spin for about 3 or 4 seconds. This gets the tires hot and sticky, and it gets rid of a little adrenaline. I try to get to the line and get the starting line lights on first so I can get ready. I rev to about 2400-2500 RPMs and hold it there. As soon as I see the last yellow I launch. I don't quite pop the clutch, but I'm not really feathering either, just releaseing a little slower than popping the clutch. From there on, my accelerator pedal never comes up. Keep it floored. I also powershift every gear.

Removing the front seat is easy enough. Slide the seat all the way back and remove the 2 bolts in the front. Then slide the seat all the way forward to remove the 2 rear bolts. The rear bolts are covered with plastic covers, just slide the covers towards the rear to remove them and the bolts will be exposed. As for the rear seats, I have the 60/40 split, so this is how you remove them. Pull the front of the seat bottom up and the seat will pull right out, you'll have to slide the seat belts through. For the rear uprights you have to release the seats from the trunk. Each part of the upright is held with 2 bolts right where the seats pivot. Remove the bolts and take out the uprights.

As far as warm or cold weather launching, there's really no difference. The difference will be from the condition of the track surface. If it's sticky, lauch high like stated before. If it's slick, lauch lower, like at 1700-1900.

Hope this help some of you guy and girls out.

BTW, there was a girl driving a stock Spec at the track last night, it was her first time ever racing (it was her boyfriend's car and he was scared to race...lol) and she ran a 15.98 for her first time.

- Armin

·
Poopra King
7,072 Posts
Nismo2k2specV said:
Being the One....is like being in love, Nobody can tell you...you are,

You Just know it.

(Matrix quote of the day)

Armin is like Morpheus, GHSER is the ONE!
Lol...Greg just bought a B13 SE-R today!

·
Poopra King
7,072 Posts
Oh, and one more thing. I found launching the way I just wrote^^^ gives the best ETs, popping the clutch gives the best trap speeds.

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
pituala said:
You should've let me run you car foo! You could've had a 14.6!!!...lol
Bro, that run was a 14.7, I know it! I would've PWN3D that red SRT4, he ran a 14.7, but my r/t and 60' were better. Next time ;) What's funny is that was the same red SRT4 you ran that you misshifted 3rd as well.....it's cursed!!

·
Poopra King
7,072 Posts
diwun67 said:
Bro, that run was a 14.7, I know it! I would've PWN3D that red SRT4, he ran a 14.7, but my r/t and 60' were better. Next time ;) What's funny is that was the same red SRT4 you ran that you misshifted 3rd as well.....it's cursed!!
That bastard! I'm gonna flatten his tires....lol...j/k. I'm gonna race him and win...yeah!

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
this is another thought, on race day remove your engine cover because it would allow the wind to cool the intake manifold while driving and leave it exposed for a nice big ice pack to shorten cool down time.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts