B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay my question... Im still trying to learn the ways of a turbo system, and a motor so my question might sound stupid. i might also know the answer to my ? but i wanted some advice from some people that know. Okay... I want to eventually turbo my car, but i wanted to build the motor a little (pistons, rings, rods), but i hear that the rods on the DE's are pretty beefy already. If i put JE 8.5/1 pistons in my car, would i also need to get new rings and rods to power the eventual turbo... please learn me if somebody can understand what i am saying. I'm hoping to go T28 turbo...
-blackblur

·
Registered
869 Posts
Well acually the Stock DE Will hold a t25 or t28 fairly well on Stock internals. I think u can run 7 PSI and get a really decent outcome. As fair as doing the internals that would more if you wanted to do something sick. Now Naturally im speaking of some knowledge and prolly not enough. But i figured i would share what i did know.

·
Hoosier Daddy?
6,000 Posts
DE rods are fine for 400whp. Get some SR20DET pistons from the Nissan Motorsports catalog. They are 54C (Pulsar GTI-R) pistons, and yield a 8.5:1 compression ratio. However, when used with the B15 SR20DE cylinder head, you will get a 8.8:1 compression ratio, because the B15's SR has a smaller combustion chamber than the other SR20DE/DET's. The Pulsar pistons from Motorsports are around 45.00 a piece. Get a set of rings from a 91-99 Sentra SR20DE to go on the pistons. Those go for around 90.00 a set. That combo will work perfectly for your T28.

Travis

·
Registered
869 Posts
And there is ur answer! Trav to the Rescue.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tell you what Trav... you do know your ****! Thanks man... and thanks to you Fadingout for your info!
-blackblur

1 - 5 of 5 Posts