B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi! Here are the first pics of a 2004 volcanic orange SpecV with the Nismo front lip (painted flat black)... It's Borngearhead's ride from TheVboard.com

I think I realy want one for my volcanic orange SpecV too... Would you guys paint it same color as the body or leave it flat black?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I would've thought it would have a little more "edge" to it, like flare outwards or something...or maybe it's just because i'm looking at it from the wrong perspective.

Either way, i'd say paint it and it'd probably blend in better.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
What color was the S2000? IMO, that lip looks way out of place on a car that is painted orange, especially this one. It would look way cleaner painted to match the body. The only other real black that matches that is the grill, but even that isn't a reason to keep it black.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I think I'll have it painted body color, especialy that I have a custom chromed mesh grille up front...

·
Iknowyoulovereadingso..
5,527 Posts
damn..i thought that nismo lip would have a little more "spunk" to it. it looks really plain. painting it with the color of the car would basically make it look like it came stock and basically put you back at sqaure one. but in any case, i would paint it to match cuz there is nothing else black as marvin said

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm ordering the spoiler next week I wonder how it looks with the front lip

·
Registered
31 Posts
Paint it! :D

Looks like a stock VW Golf valnace unpainted. :(

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
I can't believe people are buying that thing... once its painted to match it is going to disappear and without being Spec-V enthusiasist, I'd be suprised if many notice side by side.

·
Registered
166 Posts
that thing isnt even worth the money to pay for it painted. but if u get it DEFINATELY paint it. the lip just isnt worth the money in my opinion. rather have the 02/03 bumper when it comes out. or a body kit sometime in the future.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Spec V Molten said:
It was Suzuka Blue S2000. Like others have said it disapeers if you paitned it stock. Since this lip is the same 'heigh' all around it does not look out of place.

I say leave it how it is.
Well, I see what you're saying, but that depends on what look you're going for. If you want the front lip spoiler to stick out, then yeah, leave it unpainted. Overall, however, the way I see it is that you get it painted to make it look like it belongs there, not some aftermarket mod or something. The full lip kit looks great painted, makes the car look like a nicer looking "stock" car and just goes better with the paint/color scheme. Now, if he had some black rims, I could see it being left unpainted. I've seen a lot of Civic hatches with the black front lip and black rims, that matches. IMO, you can see that he has a set of NISMO wheels, I think that an unpainted front lip looks cheap next to a set of wheels like that. Just all in personal preference, but I see what you're saying. :)

·
EVOlving
2,059 Posts
FuLIsh said:
it looks really plain. painting it with the color of the car would basically make it look like it came stock
I'd paint it for just this reason...it would look almost stock. I'm not a big fan of the aggressive body kits/lips. Maybe most people wouldn't notice it, but I don't mod my car for them anyways.

Paint it. It would look clean and set the car off a little from the stock crowd.

·
Registered
184 Posts
i think its more of a personal prefference, but a poll could help those who wanna do whatever others think looks good :)

1 - 20 of 69 Posts