B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weehaa, what a weekend.
First week and I already have mods (cosmetic) put nonetheless some mods on my car.

I posted some pics on my website, so feel free to go check them out.

And you can see I have one in my sig now too!!!!

Hope you all are as happy as I am, Im a geek youngster with a new TOY!!!!

------------------
2001 Black Sentra SE w/pp 5spd

Ghetto Grill
Racing Pedals
Replacement Antenna
Side Markers
- - - - - - -
SpIcEz.com

·
Registered
222 Posts
Good for you man! I promised myself that I would leave this car BONE STOCK until the warranty ended...but the bug has bitten, and there's no turning back!

------------------
2001 SE 5-spd. w/PP Granite

Minor cosmetic mods....
HID-look headlamps & hyperwhite fogs. Autozone rubber antenna, blue aluminum valve stem caps. (not much...but it's a start!)
Lots of mods planned...waiting for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured nothing much wrong with cosmetic mods.

For performance I'll mostly wait for the warranty to end. Except maybe a POP Cone, I can always replace the stock one when I go in to the Nissan dealership.

------------------

Ghetto Grill
Racing Pedals
Replacement Antenna
Side Markers
- - - - - - -
SpIcEz.com

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yeah..that's pretty much my plan too. I won't have the $$$$$ for serious engine mods for awhile anyway!

------------------
2001 SE 5-spd. w/PP Granite

Minor cosmetic mods....
HID-look headlamps & hyperwhite fogs. Autozone rubber antenna, blue aluminum valve stem caps. (not much...but it's a start!)
Lots of mods planned...waiting for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Lookin good so far. How is the radio reception with that new antenna? It's a lot better looking than the stock one, I'll tell you that much.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it for 15$ at Canadian Tire.
I was out in sherbrooke, thats in the boonies of quebec, and the mountains, and I got reception of the local radio station from there almost into montreal (on my way back home). thats about 200 km.

So its pretty good. Mostly Im in the big city, so reception is hardly a problem. I listen to my Cd's anyways.

------------------

Ghetto Grill
Racing Pedals
Replacement Antenna
Side Markers
- - - - - - -
SpIcEz.com

·
Registered
331 Posts
Glad for u guys... I'm trying to figure out how to put a pop cone filter instead of the OEM big black box.....

Let me know how to do it, or some pics will be great..

I'm doing it even if it's a lease!!!

My car is a blast to drive, specially in the highway exit!!

I hit 215km/h during the WE... but it was windy.... HIIIIIIIIIIHAAAAAAAAAAA!

Mr SpIcEz, when do we meet? Today???

------------------
Se Red Cajun
5speed
P/P
K'N filter
Racing pedals

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Hey GUY if you go to my website It has a picture of my Old Stillen pop-cone intake on it.....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Sup Mr. Spicez! Lookin good so far bro. Your ghetto grille looks pretty clean. Keep up the good work!

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ stuff
Seeking SOHC VTEC once again...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks SR20DE 2K.

Ya the grill is tight, and clean. I only put one layer but I really like it like that. In Anycase I cut a second layer, so if I ever want to put it in, its just a matter of hot glue.

Sentra Stylin' :

I was wondering how you got the chrome grill to stick to the bottom, since the black stock grill is the one that has the clips to hold it down ... I just put a couple of small dabs of glue, but Im thinking I want to do something better.

------------------

Ghetto Grill
Racing Pedals
Replacement Antenna
Side Markers
- - - - - - -
SpIcEz.com

·
Registered
75 Posts
Spicez,

do you mind telling me how much you got the car for in Quebec?
let me know all the details, and how'd you negotiate that price...

THANKS!

------------------
Jay
1997 Honda Prelude Type S
Getting a Sentra SE Sport soon! 2 more months

·
Registered
311 Posts
Looking good, man! The grille looks especially sweet. Keep up the good work!

------------------
Samo

If my FTP worked, there'd be a cool picture of my car here, but no, I have to go with a local service...

1994 Sentra E
"The Ghettoblaster"

Hit me up on AIM at Samo94Sentra!
Visit -> my site <- ! Be sure to add your car to the cool rides!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JayT, well, because of credit problems I had to pay allot, Im currently leasing at 10.5% from LUTEX.

Though I have unlimited mileage and a free ticket to MOD, :)

But I did haggle the dealer down before we got to the financing desk.

He offered it for 350$/month, 48 months with Tinted windows and a windbraker (for moonroof). Auto Gouverneur (Nissan/Infinity)

that was pretty good, some other guy offered same thing for 343$ right off the bat, with no haggles. that was CITE NISSAN on Jean-Talon.

So your best bet... Go to a dealership, told him you've already been looking around and got some prices. Tell him to make you a good offer NOW.

BTW, those prices are for leasing, price of the car was approx 21 950$ including the tint and windbreaker. Also had more mileage, 21k/year I think, instead of 19k. and 5.8% financing for the lease.

Try haggling on the price before talking about leasing. just get the price down, THEN have him put that in leasing.

Hmm, hope all this helps. Cite Nissan seemed really willing to make a good price, if your around montreal, check them out.

------------------

Ghetto Grill
Racing Pedals
Replacement Antenna
Side Markers
- - - - - - -
SpIcEz.com

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hey SpIcEz.

Just came back from canadian Tire, I got and already installed my new antennae!!! It lokks way cool on my car, like yours!!!

Thanks for the tips!!

------------------
Se Red Cajun
5speed
P/P
K'N filter with POp Cone filter
Racing pedals
Mini Antennae

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Guy,

No problema, always glad to help.

You need to take some pics of that air intake you just installed, it looks WAY cool.

To everyone out there, his intake is TIGHT, but I mean TIIIIGGGHHHTTT!!!!.

Guy if you dont have what it takes to take a pic, just let me know, I'll come down with a digital cam.

------------------

Ghetto Grill
Racing Pedals
Replacement Antenna
Side Markers
- - - - - - -
SpIcEz.com

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hey man, I think it would complete the look if you took off the dealer decal on the back left.

-iLL

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/ Performance Package-Place Racing CAI- Stromung Full Cat-back- Custom Grille-Pioneer DEHP 7300 + 4x TS-1675's-
[email protected] mph

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hehe, definatly.

I just didint have a hairdryer handy, but I'll do that soon.

------------------

Ghetto Grill
Racing Pedals
Replacement Antenna
Side Markers
- - - - - - -
SpIcEz.com

·
Registered
75 Posts
SpiceZ

Yah, it helps, thanks.

Less than a month ago I went to my favorite Nissan dealer... Willowdale Nissan here in Toronto. They offered right off the bat $360/mo, then right down to $350, that is 0 down including PDI and stuff like that.
I didn't negotiate at all, since I wasn't planning to buy that day... but it sounded like a good deal. But nothing like tinted windows and the sunroof visor that was offered to you.
The residual value of the car, he said, will continue to go up month after month. They actually try to pressure me in to buying right there since it is such "a good deal" to buy now than to buy in June.

What is your buy-back?

$350 sounds good to me... but I'm trying to get even lower (if the credits allows). My friend working at the downtown Subaru is planning to get me the Sentra at Fleet price. Hope that works out... I still want those dealer added stuff like carpet and mud guards, maybe a visor. Tinted windows would be sweet, but depends how much more for it.

So basically, I'm getting the same deal as you were getting. But I still got 2 months on the Lude (I'm gonna miss this car soooo much) so I'll be shopping around more.

Hehe... in fact, I plan to get a Black SE sport as well! hehe... and yes... I'm thinking about that antenna thing too...

Thanks!

------------------
Jay

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, in canada Floor Mats and a full tank of fuel are part of the Performance PAckage.
Also the rear mud guards.

Concerning the tinted windows and stuff, DONT ask how much more it costs. dont even ask how much it costs. When you come close to sealing the deal, tell him, " OK, I like that price, but it would be better with tinted windows and etc..."

Have him slap it in there, at the same price. Thats where you get some value without lowering the actualy price. Especially the tinted windows.

Since I got it from another company, I have to pay for the tint job myself, and **** its 200 to 250$ for our sentra's in canada.

------------------

Ghetto Grill
Racing Pedals
Replacement Antenna
Side Markers
- - - - - - -
SpIcEz.com

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yah, but carpet and mudguards, they're "standard" because the dealer added those stuff to jack up the price. They're making too little of a margin on the car (about $2000 before negotiation), and when I buy it from the Fleet Sales department, I just hope they don't take the accessories away because of that.
Full Tank of Gas you say? I didn't know that?! That is cool!

So on your lease, from that company, did they say how much the buy back was?

------------------
Jay

1 - 20 of 26 Posts