B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all !!! i m looking into piaa bulbs for my sentra, does anyone have info on them, do you guys recommend, thanks....

G

·
Oohh....the 80 dollar light bulbs. *snicker* Unless your looking for some special color, Hella bulbs are every bit as good and cost less than half the price of the Piaa's. They are available in increased wattages and whatnot also.

http://www.rallylights.com

·
Registered
44 Posts
How do I know what size bulb to get to replace the front head lights. I dont want different colors just brighter and better lights. I was looking at the hella lights they seem kewl just need to find right size. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a set for sale. I had them in my sentra for 4 months. I'm selling them because I just traded my Sentra for a Integre. They are 9007 bulbs and have never been touched with bare hands. Email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hey Bond! I just bought the ones from Russell!!
What a difference they make!

Light is brighter ans more cleaner, it is worth the change form OEM!

·
Registered
268 Posts
don't get Piaa, if you want bulbs better than stocks, there are lots of choice....

the piaa 9007 super white doesn't look white to me at all...:(

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
GiNO805 said:
well i plan on getting piaas...cuse the way things are now a days...its worth getting that dot sae paperwork with it i think anyhow:0P
Do they trip about that in Cali? I'm considering doing that upgrade soon, but I don't want to spend the money on Piaa's if I don't have to. :D

·
Registered
331 Posts
Sentra_n00b said:
don't get Piaa, if you want bulbs better than stocks, there are lots of choice....

the piaa 9007 super white doesn't look white to me at all...:(
What wrong with theses???

I can see a diference on my car....

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
ProjektA8 said:

I still don't understand the whole deal with the Piaa bulbs. They're obscenely expensive and have been shown to produce LESS light than the stock bulbs.

Here are two good pages for infomation:
Piaa Superwhites

High Performance Headlight Comparison
Damn, those two sites are just a kick in the *** for those of us who are running "super" white bulbs. I always thought the PIAAs provided more light, but I guess not. Maybe I should run one stocker bulb and one PIAA for the side by side comparison. :D

You think the superwhite bulbs are bad... you should see the "super plasma" bulbs. My girl has some of those in here Civic. They look cool as hell, but you can't see sh*t with them.

·
Registered
0 Posts
yeah in cali(where i'm at anyhow) cops will pull you over....i know..i used to have color lights and they didnt even alst that long(had them bout in my car for 2weeks if not less)...but now i see them aroudn so much i dont htink the cop will pull you over inless htey want to...have an excuse or jsut casue ur racer status....i dont know.....i still would want papers to prove they legal..i got some of those silli(howeva they spell it) for like 25 bucks for 2 and they do (lil more) whiter then stock bulbs and come with street legla papers:0P but i want a betta company.

as for ot noticing the difference....its gonna amke a difference depending on hte person.....my friend didnt notcie in it but i did when i changed mine:0P to those 25 bucks one....but also..you gotta rememeber they still smae wattage bulb..now if you got some higher wattage bubls remember..that thye cna fry your wires since they made for the stock wattage bulb plus...it might not be gettign the power it nees...so maybe thats why your not getting a different look.most bulbs now are maybe to light up the further road...adn not so much whats in front of your car:0P hehe kinda lik ehigh beems but not where they blinding:0) anyhow..thats jsut form my understadning...maybe i'm wrogn but thats what i've been told

·
Car Noob
1,826 Posts
Oh, and just as well, I was surpised that a friend of mine noticed. He was like "Wasn't that those blue lights? I just bought some and it didn't look as bright".

First, I was surprised he noticed, 'cuz there wasn't a huge diff to me (you can tell if I only replace one side, or if you compare it to my fog lamps). Second, the reason why his wasn't as bright was he got those illegal ones that was just dyed blue.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I used Eurolite Xenon filled bulbs, they are blue, but light up white/blueish.

They arent as bright, as stock, but are bright enough for me, and look good enough.

Its not like I drive in the backwoods all night long, I live in the city, WHO NEEDS LIGHTS ? except to be seen.

THough I did go up to the country on several occasions and it was plenty bright for my taste.

I think some ppl need glasses (joke) :)

·
Car Noob
1,826 Posts
GiNO805 said:
naddie those are hte oens i'm tlaking aobut i have now:0)
Yea, I know. That's one reason why I posted. :) My friends noticed, so hmmm....

I think you need to behind people with other cars for them to notice. So far, I can notice because it is a lot whiter than my fog lights (which is still stock).

I noticed a diff when I changed just one bulb and decided to compare with the stock. There was little difference to me. Maybe I need to stand back way more... hmm...

GL! And tell me if there are any street-legal headlights that are way brighter.

BTW, those "blue" lamps are just whiter, and just look blue compared to the "orangy" normal halogens others use.

·
Registered
331 Posts
ProjektA8 said:

I still don't understand the whole deal with the Piaa bulbs. They're obscenely expensive and have been shown to produce LESS light than the stock bulbs.

Here are two good pages for infomation:
Piaa Superwhites

High Performance Headlight Comparison
So I was screwed by Russell??? I did bought his PIAA last week....

Damw, I should have read that before....

I'm crying right now:( :( :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts