B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
She was so young...
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I started to detail my engine today. I had a nice little suprise when I opened my hood and saw this...

The paint or metal film on the emblem is just falling off! Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Gatineau Dirties? Where?
536 Posts
it's covered under your warranty.... No I'm not joking....
Two guys I know had there's replaced for free

·
Registered
632 Posts
Mine is the same way. If thats true that it is covered under warranty, I might have to go check that out.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Me too

Same thing is slowly happening to me... I guess you could warranty - why not - although the dealer might laugh at you. Weird thing is my Dad's 2.5 Altima shows no signs of peeling - and it's going on two years old.

Oh well, cheap silvery foil magic powers our cars.

- ATM

·
Back for More
3,766 Posts
Yank the cover off dude. Honestly, it serves no purpose other than MAYBE to keep the valve cover from getting wet. from water entering the grill.

Taking it off actually makes things look cleaner under there anyway. That cover is a fairly ugly design.

·
She was so young...
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
SE R SpecV OmSi said:
how do u detail an engine?
Ya know, degreaser, little toothbrushes, rubber dressing. It was getting dirty in there. The only thing I like dirty in my car is my women ;)

As for the rest of you...

Just an engine cover? I don't care what it is, it shouldn't peel like that in 12 months. Now, I'm not going to go to the dealer screaming like a maniac, I just think it s*cks that it's happening.

Besides, the board was slow today and people were getting anxious for some flamin'!!!

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Do you know how hot it gets underneath the hood? Jesus... you people.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
The same thing is happening to the Nissan emblem on my trunk. The black is coming out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was a detailer for a long time at the local Mazda/Hummer dealership.

I wouldn't recommend putting dressing on any of the engine rubber hoses. Run of the mill dressing can contribute to cracked hoses over time not to mention the nasty residue it leaves on the hose after the shine goes away.

A good engine detail should only require degreaser, a toothbrush and a pressure washer. Of course, covering the ignition and it's accessories before spraying.

Good times......man, Hummers are a PITA to detail.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Joe M said:
Yank the cover off dude. Honestly, it serves no purpose other than MAYBE to keep the valve cover from getting wet. from water entering the grill.

Taking it off actually makes things look cleaner under there anyway. That cover is a fairly ugly design.
seriously, i had mine painted at once but it just doesnt look like an engine with that thing on there.

i did mine for weight reduction :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Just you guys prob got a guy having a bad day or it was a Friday when your car was built. -shrugs-

·
Registered
156 Posts
SilverSleeper86 said:
Just you guys prob got a guy having a bad day or it was a Friday when your car was built. -shrugs-
Request Your car not to be built on Friday or on Monday,
Cause On Froday everyone's in tune to all the fun there gonna have on the weekend. and On Monday Everyone's either tired or is hung over from the weekend. That's just some helpfull advice :)

·
Registered
553 Posts
Yes sir mine is doing the same and my stealership said they would replace it and let me keep the old one. Anyone say funky paint job time:)

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
SE R SpecV OmSi said:
i hihgly doubt that, because my car is driven hard daily with 15,000 miles on it over a 6 month period i havent had any problems nor has many other people
I don't doubt it, I know for a fact that's what causes it. As soon as I installed my header my emblem started bubbling and peeling from all the extra heat generated from the header....that's when I chucked the cover :) BTW, don't speak for other people, it doesn't look good on you

1 - 20 of 28 Posts