B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you that installed the aftermarket pedals a ie.accelerator,brake, clutch.Did you have to remove the rubber pads first? Also do they securely install? I was always leary of that upgrade, concerned that if one had to slam on the brakes the aftermarket panel would slip off.What brand would you recommend? Adios Amigos

------------------
2001 se,pp,5spd,moonroof,stillen pop charger,stainless streetline exhaust,panther alloys,eibach lowered.Former ride 94 se-r.

·
Registered
104 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cap:
Those of you that installed the aftermarket pedals a ie.accelerator,brake, clutch.Did you have to remove the rubber pads first? Also do they securely install? I was always leary of that upgrade, concerned that if one had to slam on the brakes the aftermarket panel would slip off.What brand would you recommend? Adios Amigos

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure on this one, but some brands call for a small hole to be drilled in the stock pads to place over them, some also require you to remove the stock ones. I wouldn't go for anything that would just slip on, that would suck if they came off while you were driving. :)

------------------
Marvin, aka Original Mr Sentra
2000 Nissan Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 spd, Avalanche
Current Mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake

·
Still Faster Then You...
1,465 Posts
i have the MOMO ones, and yes you have to take off the rubber pad. for my pedal set i had to drill into the pedal and mine are fine and haven't come loose

------------------
2001 sentra SE 2.0
w/ perforance package,
DTM muffler, custom cold air intake, NOS/ZEX hybrid Nitrous system 55 shot, HID bulbs all around. Ti vavle springs and retainers, Port and polished head, ported intake manifold, bored TB, port matched to gaskets, 5 angle vavle job. Eibach Sportline springs. x15.5 @ 88(STOCK) 14.8 @ 94(on the bottle),

·
Still Faster Then You...
1,465 Posts
oh yeah what kind of eibachs do u have?

------------------
2001 sentra SE 2.0
w/ perforance package,
DTM muffler, custom cold air intake, NOS/ZEX hybrid Nitrous system 55 shot, HID bulbs all around. Ti vavle springs and retainers, Port and polished head, ported intake manifold, bored TB, port matched to gaskets, 5 angle vavle job. Eibach Sportline springs. x15.5 @ 88(STOCK) 14.8 @ 94(on the bottle),

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just installed a pair of pedals today. They where of the kind you just strap on. But let me tell you, those suckers are on TIGHT.

Clutch and Brakes, you have 4 screws, and 4 bars that brace the replacement pedal to the standard one (no removing the OEM's), plus the 2 lower screws also have springs, if you tighten it very well, there is NO way thats comming off.

Now the accelerator.... well Im not too sure if that one will hold, its on tight, but it has a metal strap that goes around and is tightened by a screw, but the strap is under the bar, so a good pull on the pedal and it comes loose, although, when you pressing on the gas, your not PULLING on it... but still, I'll have to see in about 100 miles.

Hope this helps somewhat to understand this type of pedals.

P.s. They look TIGHT!!!

------------------
2001 Black Sentra SE w/pp 5spd, no mods yet. Ghetto Grill on its way.
SpIcEz.com

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I also have the ones that have the metal strap sorta things on the back side and I didn't have to remove the rubber and they are on extremely tight........

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

1 - 6 of 6 Posts