B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was gonna post this on the Western member's area, but I thought that it may be of benefit for everyone.
Does anyone know how and where I can get my hands on some PBC grease?
Dealership has those big bottles costin $60; heck no, and I only need 4 little packets. Kragen gives me a look like i'm crazy.
Suggestions anyone?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump once more; hey Moderator, if by tomorrow I get no reply to this thread, feel free to kill it, I'm just takin useless space for somethin no one has answer or willing to answer. Thanks anyways, and sorry for takin the space in the HD. :(

·
PEGLEG POWAH!!
228 Posts
Wow, adc doesnt know. Were doomed.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
PBC Grease (Poly Butyl Cuprysil)

In other words, Nissan uses this grease and applies it to the brake pad retainers. Its how Nissan keeps their brake from being noisy, squeeky, etc.

It has a nice durability against heat and water.

Normally on other nissan cars, It is applied between the back of the pad and the shim, used to damped the noise and vibration

In accordance with 2k2 B15 FSM, in the front brake system, it is applied in the pad retainer to make sure that the pads move nice and smoothly as it moves. For the rear brake system, it is applied on the pad retainers and on the torque member where the pads make contact

I bought some brake lubricant from kragens. Its oil-type rather than grease type. So I dont know, if it'll work very well myself. The PBC grease, obviously, can NOT and must NOT make contact between pad and rotor, or else ur screwed. Oil-type is a bit more free moving than the grease-silicone type, and oil-type can not be applied as thickly as grease-silicone, so I'm really hesitant to use the stuff I bought from kragen.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
El Gabito said:
I work at infiniti and we can only get the big bottles. Never seen the little packs.
I've seen it once come in a 99 Maxima Rear hardware kit. Even subaru has their own special grease and it comes in their hardware kits I heard. I was hoping the 2001 SE hardware kit (both fronts and rears) I bought would have come with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts