B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
racing poser
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, last saturday I decided to do a little ad hoc time test. My friend bought a shiny new watch with a chronograph and we tested my 0-60 time. It ended up being about 11 seconds. Man, that's weak. I had the thing practically floored the whole time. Does anyone know what I should do to improve this? Is it ok to "manually" shift an automatic? I was watching the tach and the revs never really went above 4000rpms, no where near redline.

·
Registered
74 Posts
if u had a manual tranny u'd get a better time.. way better time...... the auto tranny.. don't mean to offend anyone is slow.. were u shifting at least from 1st to 2nd gear...

·
Registered
816 Posts
It never went over 4000??? Something's wrong with your car...or your foot is not fully on the floor. And yes, it's ok to shift manually on an auto...just make sure that you don't shift from D to 2 when you're on the highway :)

Try it again and let us know how it goes. Even with Auto, you should get in the 9's...low 10's at most.

·
Registered
268 Posts
yea i am with Radium....you should be able to get over 4000rpm...
try again :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a 5-sp and did a 0-60 run using a stopwatch w/ the car bone stock. I ran a 7.94 sec which is about dead on w/ the magazines. I also test drove an auto (only because they didn't have a 5-sp on the lot)and w/ the shifter in O/D it shifted at redline everytime.Your car should definitely get to 6700 RPM!

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
My automatic happily revs past 4k when required, even without full throttle. It's very apparant when the secondary valve in the exuast opens up at ~ 3.5k as well.

·
racing poser
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Jeah, I think I'll give it another try. Maybe turn O/D off and shift myself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts