B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, obviously each state has different rules, but what are the basic rules?

Will my blue/white headlights, clear bulb turn signals, single license plate (two req in TX), a CAI, Stromung, Headers, etc etc pass the inspection??

What exactly do they check for that have any relation to these products?? Is a carbon fiber hood against regulations??

If anyone has a link to state regulations, that'd help, too.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
... will I have to replace all my bulbs to stock? Add on a license plate?? Change back intakes, exhaust??? Just for the inspection??

G

·
What type of inspection are you talking about? Here in Colorado, the only inspection is done as part of emissions testing. As a rule, you CANNOT modify ANY emissions equipment. A Cat-back is legal. The Headers *technically* are illegal, but might pass depending on who is looking at it. The car may not pass emissions though. No one knows for sure.

The CAI should be legal aswell. However, it doesn't have a CARB rating on the B15, so if you live in California it will not pass emissions. Any other state and you should be fine. All the ventilation hoses are still in tact, so nothing has been modified.

As for the lights, in most states colored bulbs are illegal. There is no inspection for lights here....unless you get pulled over. Your state rules might vary.

Also, In Colorado I don't have to do an emissions test for 4 years. You might check your local laws to see just how soon you need to do the first test.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts