B15 Sentra Forum banner

Parting Out a White 2002 Spec V

6K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Nngiottad 
#1 ·
I’m parting out this '02 Spec V I bought as a parts car some months back. I’ve got some pictures listed in my profile here on the forum. The car sustained damage to the right rear quarter panel in a single vehicle accident, but all other panels (including the trunk lid and spoiler) are in good repair and rust free. The guy I bought it from parked it soon after the accident and it sat for nearly a year before I bought it. It’s got just over 151k on it. All the panels are original with matching VIN numbers (including that all too rare front bumper cover). I purchased this as a parts car from the 2nd owner of the vehicle and have removed the following parts so far:

-Original red/black seats, door panels, and steering wheel
***I do have dark grey seats, door panels, and the steering wheel from my '06 Spec V for sale if you're interested in interior bits for a b15 chassis Sentra. The seats and door panels are in excellent shape. The steering wheel would need to be re-wrapped, however, as the leather on the top of the wheel is worn through. I would entertain the idea of selling the red interior for the right price (although I’ve grown really partial to it), so if you’re interested feel free to make an offer.
-Struts

-4-2-1 Header and Exhaust

~Engine/Transmission Notes~
The engine, transmission, and clutch are all in excellent working order. This clutch is a aftermarket, performance model of some sort; it's shorter and heavier than stock, with much firmer take-up (I drive a Spec I bought new in '06, the clutch in this '02 is definitely more aggressive). The gentleman that I bought the car from purchased the car with the header/exhaust and its current clutch in 2011 and couldn't shed any light on what kind of clutch it is (wasn't familiar with Spec V's, didn't realize it wasn't stock). Previous owner also reported that he had no issues with oil consumption, which is exceedingly rare for a QR25de with over 100k, and only plausible in my mind because the original owner of the car installed the cat-less header and exhaust early in the game. Haven't been able to drive it daily to verify this, as its been stripped of its interior and parked for the 4 months I've had it, but it runs well and doesn't smoke profusely. The car was about 1,200 miles past the recommended oil change mileage listed on the interval sticker on the corner of the windshield and was down about a quart when I got it. The kid I bought it from was definitely not a car guy, so I don’t imagine he regularly checked the oil and topped it off, which suggests to me he only went through ~ 1 quart in 4,200 miles. Pretty paltry oil consumption for these motors (my ’06 runs like a top but goes through a quart every 500 miles), but no telling how a year of sitting may affect that. Service history (2nd owners from 2011 on, no written history or paperwork from 1st owner 2002-2011) shows the last owner was pretty good with oil change intervals (always between 3-5k) and ran conventional Pennzoil 5W-30.
I haven’t compression tested the motor yet but I plan to shortly, and if anyone has interest in it I’d be happy to record some start-up and rev footage for him/her. I'll likely keep this motor and rebuild it for some future turbo goodness, but I will entertain offers for it. The transmission's in excellent shape, with smooth engagement in all gears, and is for sale. The original pistol-grip gearshift and linkage are also for sale (please note that this linkage and gearshift are specific to the '02-'03 model b15 Spec V's, the '04-'06 use a different linkage with a pull-tab reverse lock-out mechanism). I'll entertain offers for the engine/transmission as a package as well.
~Other Notes~
- Sunroof and windows operate perfectly (minus the passenger-side rear window- harvested the regulator already)
- OEM Rockford Fosgate stereo components intact for those rare fans.......
- OEM wheels intact and in good shape- some curb rash but easily cleaned up, Hancook tires mounted on them are summer, directional, and looking a little tired for winter driving purposes
- Doors and latches are in good repair
- Dashboard and gauge cluster are in excellent shape
-Willing to sell the fenders, hood, bumper cover as a package to anyone pining for the more aggressive '02-'03 Spec look.

Feel free to PM me with any questions you may have concerning specific components. I'd be happy to provide additional info/pics as requested. I'll be removing components as sold to maintain the car as a running/driving vehicle as long as possible. I'm willing to ship parts, but buyers will have to cover shipping beyond whatever price we come to. Local pick-up would be ideal. I’m located in Lexington, KY, about an hour from both Cincinnati and Louisville.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.