1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
623 Posts
damn, wonder how much nissan saved from these crappy paints... seems like everyone of their new cars have cheap paint. i think we all should call nissan and them do a recall, hehe...

david, y dont u email all the b15 owners and have tell them to call nissan, hehe...

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Yea I think we'll need to keep up with this one..

If it truly is bad paint, they'll have to fix it. I bought a rental (program car), a '92 Corsica in 1993. I gave it to my daughter and in 1997 they repainted it (3 rd owner), that was a bad paint job so they painted it yet again. Damn it looks good even after 9 years. BTW I have the car again (my Ghetto Car), saves wear on the SE.

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
A recall sounds good. Looks like Nissan must have saved a fortune all across the board on paint. I bet even a simple "single-stage" paintjob would outlast our stock paintjobs.

Doesn't matter much to me since I'm planning on dumping the Granite color anyways. But hey... if they do a recall, I'm down for a new Radium paintjob. :p

G

·
I would be willing to say that Nissan has the worst paint jobs of anyone right now. I bet even Hyundai and Kia are better!

Nissan clearly tried to save a buck on the paint. Nissan will never admit there is a problem, because that would require thousands more vehicles to be repainted. I will tell you that the paint inspector is at my Nissan dealership every single week looking at more brand new cars with paint problems.

I have to get my front bumper repainted (at my own expense,) because Nissan won't cover the problem. The paint is damn near falling off the front bumper.

We should contact that gentleman and see if he will allow us Sentra owners to use the form also.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Yeah, my 01 Sentra (Radium) had to go in to get the paint inspected... there was this long line that had appeared on my hood UNDER the top most coating. It was the damndest thing, this discoloration. Then I also noticed that the front seems to chip more easily than other cars... almost as if it were a thin single-coat job, and whats more is there seem to be small spots or patches where the glossiness has faded, and my car is BRAND new.

·
Registered
13 Posts
After 3 months and a little over 4,000 miles I have yet to find a single paint chip on my car. I washed it a couple of days ago and looked closely at the hood and front grill and couldn't find a single one. I do have a tiny chip in my windshield. The only paint I'm having a problem with is on one of the cheap HVAC knobs.

MK

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MK said:
After 3 months and a little over 4,000 miles I have yet to find a single paint chip on my car. I washed it a couple of days ago and looked closely at the hood and front grill and couldn't find a single one. I do have a tiny chip in my windshield. The only paint I'm having a problem with is on one of the cheap HVAC knobs.

MK
That's how my car started out, not showing any chips or blemishes. In the last 2 months, I've taken 3 trips of 400 highway miles; the chips are starting to add up.

No problems with the windshield though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts