B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just about to start a petition on this site regarding
the paint issues, when I saw the link to the Maxima site.

I had a short "discussion" with Michael98033 on the
Maxima forum:

UtahJ:

Hello everyone.

I wandered over here from the B15Sentra.net forum, and
I just have one question.

Are you limiting nissanpaint.com to Maxima owners, or
will you accept other Nissan models?

We have many owners of 2000-2001 model Sentras on the
forum who have paint complaints, myself included, who
would be more than willing to add our names to a list.
I was actually thinking of starting my own petition on
the Sentra forum, but as someone here mentioned, there
is strength in numbers.

Thanks.

Michael98033:

In regards to registering other Nissan models. I would be glad to setup either another page for Sentra's or just add the Sentra models to the existing page. Srmtn and I discussed this when the site first went up. I would be more apt to setup an entirely separate page with colors and models of the Sentra. Anybody want to post a reply with all models, colors, and years of production for the current generation Sentra?

UtahJ:

If you feel a separate page would be better, that is fine.

I will do a poll on the Sentra site and come up with a
list of models and colors for you, although the problem
does not appear to be model/color specific.

Thanks again, I'll post the results when I have them.

END

So... lets get this rolling. If really feel you have
a paint problem, please post the following:

Model Year: (1999, 2000, etc...)
Model: (SE, GXE, etc...)
Color: (duh)

If things get really serious, we made need your name and
address, but I'm not worrying about those at the moment.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Model Year- 2000
Model- SE
Color- Radium
Problem- Discolored blemishes and patches of fading or roughness

·
Registered
35 Posts
Model Year - 2001
Model - SE w/pp
Color - Avalanche(White)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Model Year- 2000
Model- GXE
Color- BlackOut

I actually asked my dealer about the crappy nissan paint. And they told me i was driving too fast. ok...so 20 mph is good enough.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
I joined in over here to explain and answer any questions...

Hey folks...

Thanks to UtahJ and others for letting me know that this issue was not unique to the Maxima. I have modified the http://www.nissanpaint.com site to include a form for Nissan Sentra complaint registration. If you follow the link below, you will see the details of this site along with the letter I intend to send to Nissan North America along with the formal complaint which you can read about on the http://www.nissanpaint.com web site.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=37823

Glad to have you guys supporting the cause. I had wanted to have, at least, 100 Maxima complaints before sending in the data. Depending on the response from Sentra owners, I may wait until I have 100 complaints on each vehicle registry. At the above link, I list the current number of complaints registered. I will add a listing for Sentra complaints to that post on Maxima.ORG as soon as you begin to file the complaints.

[Edited by Michael98033 on 05-17-2001 at 03:29 PM]

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
STOP!

PLEASE GO TO http://www.nissanpaint.com AND REGISTER YOUR COMPLAINT USING THE SENTRA COMPLAINT REGISTRATION FORM INSTEAD OF POSTING YOUR DATA HERE.

Thanks Michael!

·
Registered
4 Posts
No prob...

Glad to have more firepower...

FYI...I will modify the cover letter on the Maxima.ORG thread to include all current generation Nissan models and not just Maximas as it reads now.

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
FYI, Heatwave isn't available on the form yet.

I have emailed Michael98033 to see if he can add it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Argh....

Hey...I was just making the paint color change on the site and I f'd up and republished the database for the registration...which means I wiped out the two people who had registered....please go back and re-register.

I'll try not to be such a dolt any more. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
paint

I've been reading with interest the messages about the Sentra's paint job. I had really decided on getting a Sentra SE until I walked into the dealer's last week and noticed that ALL of the Sentra's had major scratches on them!!!!! My 4.5 year old Saturn looked like a gem compared to the brand new scratched Sentra's. The salesman told me (get this!) that the scratches would be repaired after delivery--I could just bring it back in and they'd repair them--do you believe it!!! $19,000 for a loaded SCRATCHED-UP Sentra!!!! Come on Nissan--do you want sales or not!! A great car with a crappy finish--no thanks.

Now I'm looking at the Civic and a Saturn SC2. I don't want a car that's scratched up for $19000!

Gayle

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Re: paint

gayle42 said:
I've been reading with interest the messages about the Sentra's paint job. I had really decided on getting a Sentra SE until I walked into the dealer's last week and noticed that ALL of the Sentra's had major scratches on them!!!!! My 4.5 year old Saturn looked like a gem compared to the brand new scratched Sentra's. The salesman told me (get this!) that the scratches would be repaired after delivery--I could just bring it back in and they'd repair them--do you believe it!!! $19,000 for a loaded SCRATCHED-UP Sentra!!!! Come on Nissan--do you want sales or not!! A great car with a crappy finish--no thanks.

Now I'm looking at the Civic and a Saturn SC2. I don't want a car that's scratched up for $19000!

Gayle
Woo...that sucks. Hope you find something that is painted better, I can agree that the paint on our cars suck ***. Everything else kicks Civic and SC2's in the ***. :) I just got a BIG chip today. I'm very mad because this is a repainted front end from a local paint shop. Anyone familiar with warranties on aftermarket paint jobs, especially done through my insurance?

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Original Mr Sentra...

Some insurance companies (Alstate) have side deals with garages so If you use that repair facility they honor a guarantee for life. Check that first. Next I would check their warranty -what does it say? Then go to dealer and tell them the job sucks and you want it done right. Its amazing if you go and get right in their face what they will do. If no satisfaction go back to the insurance company. I don't think you need to go further, but there is the BBB (better business bureau) and finally small claims court. It's too bad that all of this **** takes up your valuable time. My .$02

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Hey man, thanks for the reply. I think I'll head to the body shop and talk to the owner and see what he can do for me. If not, I'll talk to the insurance claim rep and see what he can do, if not, I'll get them to at least touch it up for a small price.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Year-2001
Model-SE w/ PP
Color-Blackout

1 - 20 of 29 Posts