B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Own3d! by puddy-tats!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were cleaning our last Sunday when we noticed paint flaking off the front bumper. Its not a huge area but noticeable and we have only had the car since January. The guy at Nissan said this can happen if dust gets under the paint when applying it. I was pretty p!&&@# off so they were pretty nice and kept saying they never had complaints with paint on Nissans which I know is a load of bull. On top of this a rock flew up and chipped some paint off the side of the car last month, then a got a ding on the front from hail, and I just saw a crack in the windshield from a rock hitting it. I have never been so frustrated in my life, this is my first brand new car!:( On the plus side, Nissan is paying to get the bumper repainted and I get a rental car for two days, which turned out to be a crappy *** Kia Rio, but it beats nothing. Anyone else have paint just flake off? I know its common for paint to just flake off, but why can't I take my car to the friggin car wash without worrying?

G

·
Please find out if they are repainting the entire bumper. I had the exact same problem occur on my car. Unfortunetly, there is a major paint problem affecting the Sentra's and Maxima's. It seems to be that the paint isn't adhering properly to the plastic surface. EVERYONE'S paint is chipping/peeling off at an alarming rate.

Nissan only repainted the area that the paint had flaked off on my car. The entire bumper should have been repainted. I filed a claim, but lost. However, if I have proof that your bumper was repainted entirely, it might give me something to go back at Nissan with.

PLEASE keep me informed on what happens.

·
Own3d! by puddy-tats!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just talked to Greg at Youngblood Nissan here in Springfield, MO. He said that the estimate was $258 and it says on their records to remove and then paint and reinstall the bumper. He said he assumed that meant they are repainting the whole thing because of this and the amount. Hammer Autoworks has been contracted out by the dealership to do the paint job. I will let you know more when I get the car back in a couple of days, but it sounds to me like you got screwed. I hope my situation helps you out.

G

·
How large was the area that the paint peeled from? Could you post a picture of it perhaps? I really want to take Nissan to the wall on this one. I was INCREDIBLY pissed off then they only repainted a small part of the bumper. Nissan told me that the repair was done correctly, which I couldn't believe. If I can prove that another owner had the whole bumper repainted, then it might give me a case for having my bumper fixed. As it stands right now, I am looking at paying for it myself at $375. I'd rather have Nissan USA pick up the tab.

·
Own3d! by puddy-tats!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately I did not take a picture of the peeling paint from the car and its probably been painted by now and curing. The area was about a quarter of an inch wide by about an inch long and there was two little round spots where paint came off as well. I'll see if somehow I caught this on film while taking pics of the cats, but I don't think I did.

G

·
Typically, pictures will be taken by the dealer so they can show Nissan what the defect was. That is what they did on my car.

My bumper showed similar peeling. My area was about 1 inch wide and 10 inches long. All the paint had fallen off. However, they only repainted that section. I raised hell with the dealer and Nissan about it, but never got any resolution.

If your bumper does get completely repainted, I might want to get some additional info. from you like the dealer name and what not. I am gonna file another claim with Nissan's consumer affairs Dept.

·
Own3d! by puddy-tats!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, sorry I didn't write back sooner, but my entire bumper was repainted and they were extremely polite about it. I bought my car at Perry Nissan in Columbia, MO, but I live in Springfield so I got it repainted through Youngblood Nissan here. The guys name is Greg who set it up. They contracted out the painting to Hammer Autoworks here in town, let me know what other additional information you may need. Since they didn't paint it, Nissan doesn't know anything about the pictures, but I guess I could call Hammer's and ask.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts