B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FWD cars are known to be understeerers. The B15 with it's rear beam should be even more prone to understeer since the rear wheels always stay parallel to the ground.

However, having owned my car for 1 year, I never got into an understeer situation.

Yesterday however I got the car to oversteer for the 3rd time (1 of which was quite volontary) when going off the highway. The oversteer was perfectly controllable and I never got close to losing it.

I love this car :)

And two days ago, all through 1st gear I heard the front tires screaming for traction?!?!
(ok, I don't have the VLSD, but still, this is just a 2.0l 4-cylinder!)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got my B15 to oversteer kinda unintentionally a few weeks ago, and I agree it does seem to have a fairly loose back end under hard braking.

It was really a shock when it happened because it was like 3am and I was crusin down bck roads on my way home going way too fast because I was tired and wanted to get to bed (It's an evil loop, wanting to get home quicker, but have slower reaction times, etc.) and I didn't realize the turn I was coming up on was as large as it was (30 mph rated) and I was going into it at about 70, about half way through I realise I'm going too fast, stomp the brakes hard and turn a bit harder and feel my back end sliding out (oops), but I was facing in the correct direction to exit the turn so I just hit the gas and got on my way :)

I'm a fool sometimes.

Thats also right about where I almost hit a bear one night in my old car. Bears are hard to see in the middle of the road at night :D

w00zy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts