B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find some "out of the Blue" spray paint for my car. Does anyone know what the paint code is or know where I could find some spray paint that color? I believe the paint code is BX6, but I'm not positive. Any ideas?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Why spray paint? Touch up paint not good enough from your friendly neighborhood dealership?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn man...those people charge $30 for a 12 oz can of that ***** and then $20 for a can of clear coat. I might as well get my stillen front lip professionally done for that much. I mean, I think I have a friend that will paint it for $75 professionally done, but we'll have to see. I mean, my guess is that it will take 2 cans of each, but maybe I'm wrong. Do you think a 12.5 oz can will do a couple coats for both pieces of the stillen front lip?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Did anyone find out the touch up paint code. I went and looked in my local Canadian Tire and couldn't find any touch up paint of the same colour. I did find a blue but it didn't look like the right paint and I could not match the same BX6 number found on the doorframe. I just have minor scratches here and there, showing the white undercoat and wanted to pick some of this up before it got worse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
★★★★★
8,477 Posts
the code on the door sticker is the paint code. the link above has the out of the blue color on their site

·
Prefessional Lurker
687 Posts
I just happen to have a bottle of touch up paint on hand, and it is BX6. It mathces nicley but it is a bit darker

·
★★★★★
8,477 Posts
well of course, i'm sure your paint has faded a bit since 2001 :p

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yeah, the paint probably has faded a bit since 2001, for some reason the thought never crossed my mind at all, LOL. It has faded nice and evenly if that is the case though so. Besides, the person who had the car before obviously didn't pay too much attention to it other than the regular servicing because you could say it was somewhat beat up, LOL.

I guess I will have to go back and see if the paint was called "Out Of The Blue" because when checking the manual that was there it did not even list the paint colour of BX6 so I could get the proper number, that was the major concern with the paint. The scratches inside the door frame, that are not visible with the doors closed and everything aren't that big a deal though, its the ones on the outside.

If it is the right paint, is there any way I could go about putting in the touch up and matching it so it doesn't look like garbage or is it basically a situation where once it's there it's there?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've looked in the books that I can find here in Canada when going for touch up paint and not found reference to BX6, was it a US colour for the car or could my car have been repainted at all? I know and can see that it's been touched up in a few places, looking professional though so I'm not sure.

Is the official name for BX6 "Out Of The Blue" or could it be another name here in Canada?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts