B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know whats going on at hotshot???? when are we supposed to get them????? :mad:

just wanted to know a little somthing before i call them for some info.....

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter - Smoke Side Markers
SDsr20de858 pics

·
Registered
623 Posts
its still not out in production yet dood... i've i keep on gettin the check engine light, gotta take the car to them when i get back in town.

hey, i just emailed u.

G

·
You know what... The more I think about it, I don't think you will be able to have the header without the check engine light. Without the Cat there, the 02 sensor's aren't reading correctly. There isn't anything you can do to restore that.

The Ford Focus guys are having this problem too. They came up with two solutions. one, pull out the Check engine light (bad idea.) Two, they came up with an ECU reprogram that eliminated that circuit.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Ghetto airbox...Zip ties and all!

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
the only thing that will work is extending the o2 to reach behind the cat. very simple...and NEVER have i gotten a check engine light. you could do it this way or wait til hotshot does something similar. It took me a couple hours...how long you guys been waiting? hehe

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*
(There's a homeless lady living in my crx!)

[This message has been edited by DarKsiDe_SE (edited April 04, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what?????...... so what has hotshot been doing all this time??????? they never got the car in so they can do the mod??????

what the hell????.....

Darkside..... would you suggest that i just request the b14 header and have biggie do the mod for me??? im getting tired of this!!

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter - Smoke Side Markers
SDsr20de858 pics

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chinoworld:
yes they have a test car.

where did u mount the 2nd o2 sensor? on the mid pipe?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yup, on the mid pipe just b4 the resonator(if youve got one)

and yes 858, have biggie install the header and then take it to a muffler shop so they can put it on a lift and weld a place for the o2 sensor to the midpipe just behind the cat. Then have biggie splice the stock wires so you can have enough length for it to reach all the way behind the cat.

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*

·
Registered
816 Posts
well, when I spoke with HOTSHOT about a month ago, they told me that they were going to add an extra O2 sensor in on the header deal for all those who bought it for the intro sale price. They told me that I'd have to install the 2nd O2 sensor after the cat so they know about the problem and have already addressed it.

For those who didn't order the header during the special they had, I think it's gonna be like an extra $25 or $35 for the extra O2 sensor.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
if they know, what all this talk about a b15 specif header? call it what it is, a g3 header with an extra o2 sensor.

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*

·
Registered
259 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DarKsiDe_SE:
if they know, what all this talk about a b15 specif header? call it what it is, a g3 header with an extra o2 sensor.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

or as i said before...call it a strap on for all i care as long as i get more hp! :D

------------------
MY PAGE
WAIT! USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION

1 - 12 of 12 Posts