B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an FYI,

I received a message from Place Racing today.
They apologized for not having shipped
my CAI yet. They said the color was out
of stock, and they would ship it when it
came in.

Anyone else get a call?

------------------
2001 Sentra SE, PP, 5-Speed, Sunroof.

PR CAI (in da mail), Kenwood KFC-1738Cs (in da back), gas cap holder (on da side)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yup, got a call this morning saying that my color CAI was two weeks out. I asked what color they did have, and she told me red. I decided against it (doesn't go with my sleeper look) and will wait for my silver one.

------------------
Waiting for PR CAI, got the Stromung, got the Unorthodox, got a big fat empty "0" in my bank...:)

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I got mine about a week or so ago,,,but I also got the red.....

How long of a wait??? Did they say?

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI
*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS* ***My Website***

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
hey peoples!!!

I just got back from my underway, and I have not yet either recieved my CAI. I'm going to try to call Gilbert tomorrow to see what is going on with mine. I decided to mail in a check instead of PayPaling it, just because I left before pay day.

Who else has recieved their CAI and how do they like it??

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder
Future mods:pR CAI, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got mine last week and installed last weekend. It was the red one so I didn't have to wait for them to make more. I was a little concerned that it was going to be a little too showy, but once installed it looks good and not too over the top. I do think that people are really going to like the silver one. The install wasn't too bad. The most time comsuming part was cutting the whole. Then again I used a Dremel and a lot of little disks. By far the best part is how it sounds!!!! I have been driving all over the place at WOT whenever possible. I am dynoing the car this weekend so I will see how it has improved performance.

------------------
"Sparkly" '92 SE-R
PR Intake, Courtesy STB, GC's (still in the Box)
UCSB Sports Car Club

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Marvin buddy your back,,,,what's going on bro????

But I installed mine without a problem at all everything went smooth...I left all the clamps loose until I got it together,,,,I also used a sawsall to open the whole then a dremel to clean up the edge(took me all of 2 minutes to enlarge the whole) tightened it all up and that was it......I'd say it took me all of an hour and a half to do and that's with a few smoke breaks,,,and also a few beers :)

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Oh yeah I forgot to mention that I'm glad we didn't take part in the AEM bypass valve for the CAI's....

Cause after installing the CAI I noticed that where the filter sits is pretty well protected from getting alot of water into the filter unless your driving in ten feet of water.....

I have no worries about that at all.....

But Marv thanks for putting the deal together bro,,much appreciated ;)

------------------

MODS:

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sentra Styling:
Oh yeah I forgot to mention that I'm glad we didn't take part in the AEM bypass valve for the CAI's....

Cause after installing the CAI I noticed that where the filter sits is pretty well protected from getting alot of water into the filter unless your driving in ten feet of water.....

I have no worries about that at all.....

But Marv thanks for putting the deal together bro,,much appreciated ;)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good deal buddy! I'm glad it all worked out for you man. I'm just worried about my intake, that's all. :(

I have duty tomorrow, which sucks ***, but Sunday, I should have the Stromung actually installed. The intake would of been the same day, but I'll have to wait on that. I ordered a red one too, I'm wondering what's taking so long.

Anyway, who hasn't even gotten an invoice yet?? I've read a few other posts that people were still concerned about their invoices, but that was almost a week or more ago. Let me know, and I will call ASAP. :)

------------------
Marvin
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder
Future mods:pR CAI, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Alright, I just got confirmation that mine was shipped on the 29th. Any day now, and I should have it. I'm SO excited! :)

------------------
Marvin
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
Future mods:pR CAI

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
cool deal bro,,,It's really easy to put in not hard at all....you love it,,look and performance wise......

------------------

MODS:
<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175" TARGET=_blank>*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*
</A> ***My Website***

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sentra Styling:
cool deal bro,,,It's really easy to put in not hard at all....you love it,,look and performance wise......

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good call Gene. I think I'm going to do that Tuesday night, as long as it gets here Monday. :)

Now I'm savin for the Pulleys.

------------------
Marvin
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
Future mods:pR CAI, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint

1 - 12 of 12 Posts