B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I'm with your mom
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D
I ordered the megan racing mid pipe for $ 191.50 shipped w/ insurance.
Do you think I'm going to feel any difference at all? I know my exhaust is being really restriced cuz I have a lot of other mods or do you think I'll hardly notice it?
think I'll save up for cams next :cool:

·
Registered
501 Posts
Dude. Megan racing? LOL You will likely not experience any gains, and you just wated a lot of money. lol

Seriously, isn't HP autoworks making a downpipe? For less money?

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
you'll feel more of a difference with cams in, that's for sure.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Oh, God. I just read your mods list. You have that POS Megan axle-back, huh. LMFAO
Why?
You need a catback, a downpipe, and a header for maximum exhaust flow. Why half-*** it?

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Well at least he'll sound fast ;)

get on AIM tony.

·
I'm with your mom
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont want a downpipe just yet. megan racing is not the best company for sure, but the axle back exhaust that I have is awesome. the strut bar is ok, but if the axle is the good quality why not try the mid pipe. the strut bar and exhaust are the only things i'd ever order from megan racing.

·
Registered
501 Posts
The axle back is quality??? HAHAHAHA It's ugly, and it does literally nothing for your power.
Seriously now. Your header connects to the downpipe, and that SHOULD connect to a CAT-BACK. You will have header--->downpipe----> stock piping?!?!? -----> axle-back. Not the best setup, IMHO.

·
I'm with your mom
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah so now i'll have header --->downpipe---->catback------and the problem is?
and i do have a header. the only stock piping would be the downpipe.
and what would the difference be if i got a vrs mid pipe or trubendz mid pip or had someone make one vs the megan mid pipe?
all except the megan have to be welded together the megan is bolt on.

·
Registered
501 Posts
You just said that you don't ahve a downpipe.
I was under the impression that this piece you bought was a downpipe, not a midpipe. So, in essence, you're completing the catback, with the axle back that you already have.

BASICALLY, it should have come that way in the first place. A full catback. Leave it to Megan racing to piece together an almost 400 dollar crappy catback.
You should scrap it, get the HKS catback, the new downpipe, and you have a header already. That's the full system. Currently, you have

header-----> stock downpipe-----> megan midpipe------>megan axle back.
Am I correct? If so, it's not as bad as I though, but you want to get all the stock exhaust outta there.
-t

·
I'm with your mom
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^That's what i mean that's how it's going to be. I'm going to wait on a downpipe cuz i'm not sure if i want one. I have to see how lond my exhaust is going to be w/ the stock downpipe. and then I'll have to get an 02 sim also.

·
Registered
73 Posts
NISMO82, don't worry about it, you just about have the complete set up. The Megan Racing exhausts aren't bad, they are still mandrel bent so they are smooth, besides the sound there isn't much difference in exhausts. If you take 2 mandrel bent exhausts that are both 2.5 inches...there isn't that much difference...plus the MR is SS right? And MR does make a full catback exhaust but it has a single outlet muffler instead of the dual outlet like the axleback. Don't quote me on this, but doesn't the Magnaflow catback the same way...single tip exhaust...not dual...if you want the dual you'd be better off getting lets say TruBendz midpipe and resonator and the dual outlet muffler. Either way, you have a good setup...now just go to HPautoworks.com and order their downpipe...and if it's too loud get a big resonator, believe me...it's a really good setup. Ask some people on theVboard who have the MR. Just my .02

·
wanna be car guy
542 Posts
Wow is this the return of Fliud1!?! Or is this just Tony I on the rag????

·
Registered
501 Posts
lol :(
You're right.... if guys could 'rag' then I'd be bleeding like a stuck pig :p

·
I'm with your mom
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
serjunky said:
Wow is this the return of Fliud1!?! Or is this just Tony I on the rag????

^hey I like ur sign ^ :p
i just installed my bsr, do it, u'll love it

·
Cheers and Beers!
1,212 Posts
Nismo82, ignore Tony - i think he is ragging it, or is just the stereotypical ignorant honduh boy. The MR midpipe is a very nice piece. The bends are just as good, if not better than others i have seen. It has a polished stainless steel finish and will hold up fine. The fittment is perfect and they put R&D into it. I know, ive been hounding them on it for months. I'll be heading to a dyno in state college later in august with a few other B15's, so we will see how it goes. although, i dont have a baseline, i wouldnt mind putting the stock exhaust back on for a pull just to put it to rest that there are gains with the MR cat back, just as there are with any other, larger diameter, aftermarket exhaust, be it HKS, magnaflow, whatever else. If you like your exhaust then thats all that matters, the MR sounds great and looks a hell of alot better than huge *** soup cans. I've never heard of anyone having a quality issue with their axle back either.

anyway, congrats on your purchase, it sounds great, and im sure you'll dig it too.

~Enjoy

·
Registered
501 Posts
SoonToBeASpec said:
Nismo82, ignore Tony - i think he is ragging it, or is just the stereotypical ignorant honduh boy.

LOL Yeah, I'm just the typical, ignorant Honduh boy. That happens to know more about B15's than you ever will ;)

·
I'm with your mom
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tony I said:
LOL Yeah, I'm just the typical, ignorant Honduh boy. That happens to know more about B15's than you ever will ;)
come on tony dont get ur panties in a bunch :rolleyes:
it's just a mid pipe not like i'd throw their version of cams in my car

·
Registered
501 Posts
My panties are fine. lol
At first I thought you were talking about a downpipe. To complete your catback with the midpipe should be just fine. So after this install, you will have I/H/full catback. Only thing left is the stock downpipe, and you'll have yourself a good air flow system. :)

·
I'm with your mom
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^^there u go. just how i want it for now

1 - 20 of 22 Posts