B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the optimal place for putting the amp? I remember reading in a magazine about this but I forgot everything that was in it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I really don't think it matters all that much, as long as it can cool well. Just a guess, but I would think the closer to the sub the better.

------------------
Samo

1994 Sentra E
"The Ghettoblaster"

Hit me up on AIM at Samo94Sentra!
Visit my site! It's chock full of Sentra-y goodness!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Well I mounted mine on the back of the rear seat in the trunk so in the summer time I can pop the seat down to allow it to cool properly....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI
<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175" TARGET=_blank>*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*
</A> ***My Website***

·
Registered
7 Posts
just dont mount it upside down (like on the underside of the rear dash) because heat rises, and it would not disapate well in that situation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ss has the right idea. i would mount it on the back of the fold down seats that way it is easy to axcess and work on as well as allowing it to cool and change the settings

------------------
2kSentra se w/pp heatwave
jwt pop, hs headers, smc ss, tint, custom exhaust, timing 18 degrees, momo combat shift knob

·
Registered
59 Posts
i got a small wall that has an amp on the back of the sub box so when you fold the seats down the amp is right there, easy to adjust. There is perfect amount of room.

Generally rule is to mount with nuff air to cool, or, you can mount it whereever the hell u want if you have nuff cool air blowing in with fans to cool it off and dissipate the heat. I think ground from amp should be no more than like 3 feet optimally so look for good grounding spot first.

------------------
Neil
Visionology Interactive
http://www.visim.com

·
Still Faster Then You...
1,465 Posts
I was orginally suggested to mount it under the passenger seat caue of how much room is under there.

------------------
2001 sentra SE 2.0
w/ perforance package,
DTM muffler, custom cold air intake, NOS/ZEX hybrid Nitrous system 55 shot, HID bulbs all around. Ti vavle springs and retainers, Port and polished head, ported intake manifold, bored TB, port matched to gaskets, 5 angle vavle job. Eibach Sportline springs. x15.5 @ 88(STOCK) 14.8 @ 94(on the bottle),

·
Registered
149 Posts
To me it all depends on which setup your looking into doing. Most people mount their amps under the seats because it saves space and its hard to take out if someone jacks your ride.

If your going for show then mount it where ever it looks good :)!

------------------
B-15 SE, 17X7 Kosei Racing Senekas, Sumitomo HTRZ2.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts