B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Iknowyoulovereadingso..
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok..ive just noticed something weird, a majority of the people on this board have said that the + or - wires of the battery cables had to be lenghtened to fit the #35 red top. Thats wrong, atleast on the Se's but i assume the same wiring was used on the ser/spec.. I DIDNT have to lenghten either one and all it took was unclipping a cable holder.

first remove the stock battery ( dont think i have to explain this in detail lol)
look at the big positive cable thats attached to the positive clamp that goes on the battey, trace that down like 12 inches and you see its held in place by a clip. The only thing you gotta do is open that clip and take the wire out of it. then put in the red top(with the plastic riser thing that comes with it) to make it level with the wires. maneuver the wires around the battery and viola! connect everything back up. the stock battery brace works with the redtop and so do the batt ties but i new batt ties cuz mine were rusty.hope this helps

heres the postitive wire with the clip opened. the clip is near the middle right side of the pic

again you can see where the clip is, between the airbox and the battery at the middle

the complete look

EDIT:: this is NOT the optima with the reversed poles. Its the regular one.

·
Iknowyoulovereadingso..
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got mine for $109 at autozone..its worth it though and it looks so nice too lol. damn my engine bay needs to be cleaned bad.

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
LOL , so does mine . I plan on giving it a nice steam treatment . ;) I will have more confidence this coming Cleveland Winter , with the Optima Redtop battery . :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I bought a red top for my '04 Spec, and it did not fit. I did release the clip on the + wire and it still would not reach. My neg wire was to short as well.

·
Nissan RICE Division
810 Posts
Spec V '04 said:
I bought a red top for my '04 Spec, and it did not fit. I did release the clip on the + wire and it still would not reach. My neg wire was to short as well.
Did you try the Group 35 battery? Seems like those are built for our cars. I have an SE too, but I got a Group 35 battery and everything lined up perfectly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts