B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tires are worn down again. Im on what will be my 3rd set in 40K. I have Yokohoma AVS ES100s right now which I really like. But with a tread wear of only 260. I have only got 19K out of them right now, and they are on the wear bars. I am looking for a tire with good performance and a higher tread wear.

I found the Bridgestone Potenza RE750 with a treadwear of 320 or so, and it seems to be a really nice tire. Only problem is the cheapest I can get it is 138 a tire. That is too much. I really only want to spend at most $110 a tire.

So I kept looking and found the Falken Azenis ST115. They seem to be a nice tire with a 360 treadwear. But only a A traction as opposed to AA for the other two. But I do belive that the traction is only wet traction.

the tires are pictured here:
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...7&vid=007453&cs=215&sw=false&yr=2002&pc=28713

I dont race. Ocationally I go to the drag strip. But I havent been in over a year, so I go MAYBE once a year. I just want a good street tire that can take some abuse. Do you guys think these are good.

Any opininons on Falkens? I have heard good things about them, but I wanted to make sure before I buy.

Thanks

·
Registered
869 Posts
My friend had the Azenis on his GXE. 225/55 R16 i think was the size. and he said that he loved them. No complaints at all. I was going to get the Falkens for my car as well.But havnt really decided yet. The azenis in my size (205/50 R-16 ) only have a 280 tread life. Prolly ganna go with the BFG G-Force Sport. 205/55 ZR-16 with a 340 Tread life.

·
oil leaks blow
2,389 Posts
The ST115 will be good for you. It should last longer than 25k. Plus it's supposed to be a very quiet road tire

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i heard they were quiet. I also read something about a 30K warrenty? I dont remember where I saw that, but I will have to look into it

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ive seen that website, but i forgot it. so thanks.

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
LOL , that's where I plan to get another supply of Toyo Proxes FZ4's...which are great tires as well . ;)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I just got them for my car, and i love them. Traction isnt a problem...:D
Extremely quiet, and ride nice. Grip well too. Im probably gonna go with these from now on. LIke them better than the pilot sports i had.

·
Endless USA S13 Silvia
3,084 Posts
you should get you alignment checked......if you're on your 3rd set of tires not and only 41k on the clock something isn't right.....especially since you don't race at all......you should've gotten close to 25-30k out of the stock tires alone and the yoko's should've lasted you round 20-25k........i know some people who got their stockers to last over 30k before they needed to be replaced......i would look into getting a front end alignment.....go to a specialty alignment shop to have this done

the falken st115 are a very popular tire.....you should be rather happy with them

Late,
Daniel

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am a nissan tech. I align my car all the time. So that not a problem. I dont know who you know that goes through the stock tires in 30K, but mine were damn close to being toast at 20K and they pulled like a ***** when you rotated them, so I replaced them a little eairly. And the yokos are on the wear bars now. I feel like I have taken it pretty easy on them. Oh well, I dont really care, but my alignment is definately not a factor.

I just wanted some opinions on these tires.

·
By Any Means Necessary
150 Posts
I'm surprised nobody said anything along the lines "They are FALKEN good" or they "FALKEN suck". :(

·
PEGLEG POWAH!!
228 Posts
Got 31K out of stock conti's

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
i was on 40,110 miles with the OEM Contis when i crashed my specV. about 4-6K were on winter tires, so figure 35K on the stock ones. plus, i still had wear left. not to mention, i had about 8-10 AutoX events on them. so who ever is going through these tires in 20K sure drives awfully hard.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I just got my Falken ziex 512's and no complaints so far. Better than my nitto nt450's.

I also use azenis for race tires. I think falken makes a great product for a decent price.

·
I drive an auto...
1,569 Posts
i had the 512s also on my car for the first time this past winter...they were pretty good tires...cept when i got them taken off in the spring, the two back tires(the inside edges) were completely bawled....i dont know y....some people say it may have been my toe in or camber..not sure tho.....
but in general, the falkens were good tires for a good price...

oh yea, does ne one elses stock conti's squeel like a bastard when u take turns?

·
Registered
15 Posts
i just got khumos asx which i like a lot and got a killer deal on them because the tire place didnt get the falkens like they told me they were goin to i think i got them for like 65 a tire ::shrugs::

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OkToBeR said:
i was on 40,110 miles with the OEM Contis when i crashed my specV. about 4-6K were on winter tires, so figure 35K on the stock ones. plus, i still had wear left. not to mention, i had about 8-10 AutoX events on them. so who ever is going through these tires in 20K sure drives awfully hard.
I drive pretty hard every day. So i know that is part of the problem. But whatever, its fun

·
Registered
897 Posts
I just recently bought a set of falken 512's in 205/50/16 ... and there pretty good.. I used to have the kumho 712's.. and I actually like these falkens better... everything ran me $400 though at a local tire place for everything (mounting and balancing, new valve stems, yada yada yada) ..

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Also, check out Bridgestone's Fuzion ZRi. Its basically the replacement to the Potenza RE730's. They hit the price point you are looking for. I'm deciding between getting the Bridgestone Fuzion's, Falken ST115's, or the Hankook K104's again for my next set of tires.

·
Hater
907 Posts
krzyspecv said:
i just got khumos asx which i like a lot and got a killer deal on them because the tire place didnt get the falkens like they told me they were goin to i think i got them for like 65 a tire ::shrugs::
I have Kumho ASXs, as well, and I like them, too. (particularly their wet weather traction, which I just got a dose of thanks to the spinoff from the hurricane).

Came || close to getting the Falken 512s, but I heard their sidewalls are like tissue paper(not that the ASXs are much better). My contis lasted until 26k, and probably had another 10k or so left, but I got a nail in one of them and it kept going flat even after I kept trying to get it fixed....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts