B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(

As of 8 pm this evening, thanks to a 92 year old driver (yes, you read that right)....my SE has gone to a better place. The old guy pulled a left hand turn right in front of me...then stopped in the middle of the road.

Other than muscle pain in my back, I'm fine. Not my fault officially, and he has insured. The irony? He had a 00 GXE. I hit his right front wheel, I had no where to go, because he again, pulled out and stopped blcoking the entire 2 lane road. The old guy seemed fine, but I overheard the cops saying he had no family to contact, so my girl and I are gonna go check him out in the hospital tomorrow to see if he's okay. We also had the same insurance company, State Farm, so things should take care of themselves. What sucks is I'm slightly upside down on my loan, and when I had refinaced my loan with another company, my GAP insurance had been cancelled. Oh well.

But, I'm alave, he's alive, he's insured and that's the bottom line. But seeng as how this is the second SE I've owned to meet such an untimely end, I think I'm gonna look for a nice late model RSX or Celica GTS, or Maybe see if there are any Mazdaspeed Proteges out there. Tomorrow I'm calling my Nissan dealer to see about a 2005 Altima SE, maybe....but, then again, maybe not.

But that's it. I'll try to post some pics for prosterity's sake, and I'll keep the thread updated as well. If anyone has had the experience of dealing with a similar situation (no fault). I'd appreciate your thoughts. Good thing my girl's an attorney; she's going to help out if anything gets crazy, but it shouldn't.

Still breathin' so I'm goin' to the club!!!

·
Registered
631 Posts
harshhhh man

too many sentras lately getting wrecked/stolen and wrecked

skip the altima :) get a G35. just drive it..trust me, you'll want to figure out a way to finance it :eek:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Damn that sucks bro, just last night a GXE bout pulled in front of me... What sucks is when it's not your fault, and there's nothing you can do to prevent it... Good luck gettin a new ride man... Go to a doctor if ya gotta, you don't want anything to suprise you in a few days...

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Sorry to hear. Glad you are O.K. Most 92 year olds shouldn't be on the roads. But then again neither should many 16 year olds. Nice of you to visit the old guy.His driving days are over-maybe you saved someone's life by being a part of it. So assume you did and that might help your outlook.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
adc100 said:
Sorry to hear. Glad you are O.K. Most 92 year olds shouldn't be on the roads. But then again neither should many 16 year olds. Nice of you to visit the old guy.His driving days are over-maybe you saved someone's life by being a part of it. So assume you did and that might help your outlook.
That's one positive way to look at it, I suppose...I appreciate it, and all the other thoughts as well. We'll see what happens.....and no, I'm not getting a G35. Standing there last night next to the car, I wasn't even upset at the loss of the vehicle, just that a) this old dude was probably scared pissless, and didn't need that, and the whole thing was going to be such a hassle....worrying about some overpriced Nissan or any vehicle for that matter, just isn't worth it anymore. I'll get something that I don't plan to really give a damn about too much, just in case. The old guy aside, on a daily basis, I watch people do just the dumbest things down here while driving; that's the same move some 30 year olds would have pulled, and then it would have been that arsehole's stupidity, not an old man's utter lack of reaction skills... $30k ain't worth it; hell, $20k ain't worth it. There are plenty of great rides under that price, new or used, and if some crap like this happens, I can bounce back with minimal inconvenience. But I refuse to worry about a car anymore, last night taught me that, when my parents showed up, and I watched my mom and girlfriend fighting back tears, even though I was fine. I HATED seeing them worried, and then worring about the financials....screw it. Keep the G's and the Z's...I'm done.

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
Wow....:eek: Well I'm truly sorry , and commend you for your " coolness " through the whole thing . If it were me...I'd of probably jumped out of my SE and started any care or treatments due to an MVA , on the elderly man . :) Sucks...but they say you can't get struck by lightning twice...BS . Time to move on to a bigger & better place , where names like Subaru constantly pop-out at you , be it a Legacy GT , WRX , WRX Wagon ( P.I.M.P. ) or even...the STi . ;)

Goddamn GXE's !!!! :p

·
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3
4,332 Posts
Awe!! We lost anther SE. :(

Good thing that you & the old time are allright.

Can you say Scion tC? :D

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
ConnerrySE01 said:
:(

thanks to a 92 year old driver (yes, you read that right). The old guy pulled a left hand turn right in front of me...then stopped in the middle of the road.
:eek: The exact same thing happened to me several years ago...

An old fart decides to pull a quick left turn or u-turn in front of the direction I was travelling in. I was going eastbound and he was in the westbound lane attempting the turn. I presume he didn't see me coming and continued with his attempt to make the turn. I immediately swerved...lost control...and hit the icy snowbank on the side of the road. The car got lodged halfway up the snowbank. I was driving a 79 Z28 at the time, it suffered minor rear QP damage. I got out of my car all shook up and angry. I approached the old man and demanded cash money (about $200) to fix my damaged car. He complied and we both went off on our merry way...

Things could of been much worse for me, you, and the old farts. It's good to know everyone is okay. :)

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
SR20DE_MAN said:
Can you say Scion tC? :D
sorry to hear about your car....again :(

also, the tC is a pretty cool car and you can't beat the toyota quality and engineering. that engine would give you at least 200,000 miles :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
sorry to hear that. two months ago i rear-end a rav4. two days ago a friend of mine hit a fence in his spec after an EVO did some kind of turn in front of him. my car was fixed but i don't think his car can.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
ConnerrySE01 said:
I HATED seeing them worried, and then worring about the financials....screw it. Keep the G's and the Z's...I'm done.
Congratulations-you are seeing the light. Before long you'll be thinking like me . :D :D It isn't worth it. It's still worth while (for me) to have a vehicle that is extremely reliable, well handling, and has enough power to get out of it's own way. But that's it. Just too many fools on the road-that coupled with the unreasonable cost's of something that's purpose is to go from point "A" to point 'B'. Energy prices as well :( .

Like I have said many times-things happen for a reason. :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
y dont u just buy it back and resurrect it
sentra ftermarket parts are cheap
find someone who can fix it for u for cheap and u r set

·
Aiya!
560 Posts
Good that everyone's (relatively) alright. I've had two friends who had their cars totaled in the same way. In both cases, the car turning was a Buick Roadmaster (just about the worst vehicle you can hit that's not a truck).

·
Registered
869 Posts
Ugh sorry to hear that man. Defenetly Sux to lose an SE to the GraveYard. I Glad ur ok though thats always more important

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks again for the thoughts guys...I've answered a bunch of these threads...never thought I'd be on this end of it though, but again, whaddya gonna do? Let's see what goes down this week with the insurance stuff, and I'll update along the way.

Bode, if things go well, there may be a Suby in my future, but first things first, the official total out, then on from there.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Sorry to hear about this man. Hope everything works out well with whatever you get next. PLEASE don't get a Celica. :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
dude sorry to hear that but you can always wait for the altima se-r

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Glad you guys are alright, and dude you don't know how much respect you'd get from that guy. Shows you got some heart and people nowadays like that in a person. Glad your not like half the people around here.

Today I gave a guy a ride who was in a wreck right in front of me got hit by a Dodge Ram and thats a long story cops didn't show up for 1hr 15mins. But both drivers shook hands and told each other they both hope they would be ok. It just shows you that at least there are still people out there who care about the OTHER person and not their car. If I get in a wreck of course I'm going to be mad who wouldn't I would see if the other person was alright first BEFORE I worry about my car then just take it from there.

Hope everything goes ok man and good luck with the next car.

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
:( :( :( Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Not an SE! :( :( :(
Glad to hear you're okay tho.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts