B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Roebling road racetrack this weekend with carguysinc.com. Had a great time and didn't crash! My best laps were around 1:35.9 a lap but most were in the low 1:36 range. This was in a 2000 se with pp 5sd. Only mads are K&N drop in, Stillen muffler(nice tone and easy bolt in), and Kumho 712's 205/50/16 inflated to 37psi front and 35 rear. For those interested in improving your handling and 1/4 mile traction, here are the corner weights for this car with me (185lbs) and 1/2 tank of gas according to the gauge. LF 901 lbs RF 881 lbs LR 566 lbs RR 500 lbs for a total of 2848 lbs. With better shocks and a set of racing tires, the car would be reasonably comptetitive in showroom stock class. There was a 94 I think se/r with a turbo there that was slow but he had just installed it and they were working out the bugs. Should be pretty quick once they get it dialed in. Mad wheel spin out of most corners and running rich seemed to be the biggest problems. Going to Watkins Glen NY on June 11 and 12 if anybody wants to meet up.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Now that's what I'm talking about. You must have had such a great time. I'm jealous. I used to live in NY, about 1 hour from Englishtown where they would have auto-X events all the time. Now that I live in Boston, there isn't a track to be found. :(

I have a question, do you find the Kumho's to be kinda loud on the highway when you're cruising? Like it makes a very low grinding type sound? Cuz I just got the Kumho Ecsta 712's, the same size as you and I don't know if it's the tires or if I have a bad wheel bearing.

By the way, where exactly is Watkins Glen, NY?

·
Registered
623 Posts
watkins is upstate ny... its a great road track. i must have had 30+ hours on that track.

john, u used to goto autox at etown? i used to do that all the time when i lived in nyc too

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kumho's

Radium, above 60 or so the Kumho's sound like truck tires but they get better with wear. Have you tried Lime Rock Conn. to see if they have any car club weekends open you
might be able to drive? Chinoworld,any tips on driving the Glen? I'll be up there June 11 & 12.

·
Registered
623 Posts
not really dood... i havent been there for more than 2 years. just take it easy on the first 3 turns, first turn is a hard right from a long straight. u dont have to be fast on that track to have fun, just stay out off the walls... hehe... i scored the wall twice on the first turn, but no bad damage. shhhh, dont tell anyone about this. hehe :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hear that if you hit 'em you bought 'em

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wish I had the dough to go road racing, uh wait I need a car first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts