B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Endless USA S13 Silvia
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I applied for that sponsorship thing that we've all seen in the magazines figuring that nothing will come of it........well today i got a phonecall that proved me wrong
guy on the other end of the phone:may i speak with Daniel Fatell?
me: this is he
other guy: this is Chris from Sport Compact Pro and i'm calling to tell you that we've approved you for a partial sponsorship of $12,000
me:...
Chris: hello? are you still there?
me: yeah yeah sorry........so what did you say about 12 grand?
Chris: well, despite not having your actual application we looked through the pictures you sent us and we have decided to give you a partial sponsorship
me: okay so what does that entail?
Chris: well anything you order from our distributors you will get at 55% off
me: :eek:

they are going to be sending me the contract on Monday....i'll let you guys know exactly what the companies are that they carry and i'll post that up as well......from what i remember him saying.....some of the companies are; APex-i, HKS, Turbonetics, Eibach, GroundControl, just to name a few.....he said that part of the deal is that I have to bring the exposure.....which won't be too much of an issue for me;).......i'll give you guys more details as i get them

i can't believe i got this.....never expected this to happen....this just made my weekend that much better

Late,
Daniel

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm being sponsored by the same people, but you really don't get 55% off of everything, but you do get a very very good deal with everyone. It all depends on how well something sells. Like I really want the SAFCII, but the best deal they can give me is $290, the same as ebay, because they say they don't sell as well. But the Invader CF hood, I can get for $300 or osmething. So some stuff you can get real good deal on, but others you won't.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Sunburst03 said:
So I applied for that sponsorship thing that we've all seen in the magazines figuring that nothing will come of it........well today i got a phonecall that proved me wrong
guy on the other end of the phone:may i speak with Daniel Fatell?
me: this is he
other guy: this is Chris from Sport Compact Pro and i'm calling to tell you that we've approved you for a partial sponsorship of $12,000
me:...
Chris: hello? are you still there?
me: yeah yeah sorry........so what did you say about 12 grand?
Chris: well, despite not having your actual application we looked through the pictures you sent us and we have decided to give you a partial sponsorship
me: okay so what does that entail?
Chris: well anything you order from our distributors you will get at 55% off
me: :eek:

they are going to be sending me the contract on Monday....i'll let you guys know exactly what the companies are that they carry and i'll post that up as well......from what i remember him saying.....some of the companies are; APex-i, HKS, Turbonetics, Eibach, GroundControl, just to name a few.....he said that part of the deal is that I have to bring the exposure.....which won't be too much of an issue for me;).......i'll give you guys more details as i get them

i can't believe i got this.....never expected this to happen....this just made my weekend that much better

Late,
Daniel
Not to bust your bubble, but I think 100% that that apply for this type of sponsorship get approved. I mean the 55% discount you get is on product that are overpriced from their distributors. Then you are obligated to attend so many shows every year and advertise for there company, am i right? I mean if you browse the internet enough you can find the same deals without having any responcibilities and putting stickers on your car. Someone correct me if im wrong.

·
Banned
3,486 Posts
yeah u got ripped dude sorry... did u ahve to send them 80 bux to cover fees?? i got a 12,000 dollars sponsorship to and never used it, **** that, u have to do this and u ahve to do that and if u want out or cant make shows u have to pay this and that, its a ****en scam, wow you get $$$ off the LIST price... but you can get close to the same deal if u shop around online... my contract has been sitting in my dresser for 4 months... if they dont pay 4 everything its not a sponsor... u=pwned if u sign

·
Registered
198 Posts
Actually it states in the contract that if you don't make three shows within one year and if you tell them, they will charge u something but will continue your sponsorship, but if you don't tell them, they won't charge you anything, but won't continue your sponsorship. So I'd say just don't say anything to them. I havn't used my sponsorship money yet either, but I might use it to get some suspension stuff.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Yup...

55 % of what?

I could probably get you a price on parts for fairly close if not for less, pending on the brand. I am not trying to advertise. Just present that if you get a business license and work a couple descent contacts, you can find ways to get discounts, just have to make sure you pay the correct taxes.

·
Banned
2,745 Posts
Dan, you know me, and i also got sponsored by these doushebags. don't waste 80 bucks, because the prices they list from their distributers is so jacked up, that with the 55% discount that'll come out to the same as hpautoworks and all those other shops we know. its a waste trust me.
i was excited when i got the call too, but then nothing ever comes out of it. everything i've tried to buy from them, but its always way more then for how much i can get it for. i mean, if your into body kits and neons, this is your sponsorship, but im pretty sure thats not you, Dan.
i asked them to help me out with the drag radials, and they were like "we don't do tires" so im like WTF do you guys do?????? and they were like "body kits, rims, etc.etc"

its a waste. the only real sponsorship is like what Whammie has, the one where they actually give you cash, but you need to spend a lot and win a lot of shows for that to happen.

·
i dont wanna copy shannon
3,180 Posts
unless that 55% is off of cost price and not off retail, ur not getting anything special. we just had a guy come out to sponsor my car club offering 20% of jabber which isnt bad but STILL not great... unless someone gives u minimum 30% of jabber (wholesale) then ur not getting anything special and they're getting advertising for free

·
Banned
2,745 Posts
another case: i asked them to talk to a local speed shop to install my s-afc2, because according to the deal, they can offer shops part of that 12k to help installs. i called them 4 times telling them i need to install this at this shop, and they were like "sure now all we need is to have the shop call us".... so the shop owner calls 3 times.... 3 times!! he's a busy dude, and every time he leaves a message and nobody ever calls him back. i was there with him when he called twice, when the guy who takes care of that part was suppose to be in his office, he never was.

i took all my stickers off just because these doushebags don't help with anything!

anybody who gets offered a sponsorship in the future, don't take it, its a waste of time and 80 bucks

·
Banned
2,745 Posts
they give you "discounts" on overpriced parts, and the "difference" between the overpriced parts and what you pay comes from that 12k. its a scam, so dont even bother,

·
Registered
115 Posts
I see so by saying were giving 12 grand to you the way they give it is by giving you discounts not acutely like a credit of 12grand like calling up a store and saying a want a sick turbo and charge it to the sponsor you have to pay for it and just get a little discount.. would be nice to get a freebiee but bummer its not

·
Endless USA S13 Silvia
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanx for the info guys.......i had never heard of anybody getting this kind of thing before........i haven't seen the contract yet.........i'll definitely look into this further.......thanx for the heads up

good lookin out Haris

Late,
Daniel

·
Registered
109 Posts
ya these guys tried to "sponser" me i read the contract and said f that.. they call all the time now. 12,000 my arse... They charge you more for parts and then expect you to buy them from them. buncha dumb ****s.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts