B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am looking into getting suspenstion on thursday but i cant decide between Nismo or Tien. I want a good ride (but w/ a drop) and extreamly good handling. My buddy has evey Nismo thing done to his 03 and his car makes ur nose bleed comming out of the hole from a corner,but it sits at stock level,I hate that.So I was wanting to go with Tien but i herd u will hate the ride,like its too bumpy? So I was wanting to know if u guys had the same delima before u got ur set up and what u ended up doing and why.

P.S. I could not find the answers i was looking for under search.

·
Owner
1,650 Posts
I spelled it "Tein" (not sure if you had a typo in your search, or just in this post), and here is what I got (I left out Nismo impressions since you have already ridden in one):

http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49300&highlight=tein+impressions

http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34639&highlight=tein+impressions

plus quite a bit more, just search around for posts by Dangling Fury regarding suspension setups for the b15, he usually has some good things to say, or at least posts on threads with lots of good suspension information.

·
i dont wanna copy shannon
3,180 Posts
r u getting a full coilover setup or springs? adding lower tie bars? strut bars? sway bars? if ur friend has the nismo coilovers then they should be adjustable so he can lower em so its not sitting at "stock" height as with the tein's or the JIC-FLTA2

·
Owner
1,650 Posts

·
Banned
2,745 Posts
E-SLAP!!

you want nosebleeding turns? i'd bet your buddy had more then just the nismo suspension. im guessing LTB, FSB,RSB, etc.
nismo suspension isn't that great. its good because its easy to install, but the handling and as you said the stance is sub-par when compared to its competitors.

tein is good, but the basics is just that..... basic. Tein SS are pretty good, plus they have adjustable ride (if i remember correctly)
but the greatest suspension for a b15 is either
-JIC's (FLT A2, or A1 if you can find it!)
-Koni struts+ Ground Control coilovers with moti strut mounts, eibach Front & rear sway bars, nismo bushings, nismo lower tie bar, a thicka55 FSTB and some toyo RA-1 tires.
the second option is my dream suspension. donations via paypal please sen to [email protected] :D

·
i dont wanna copy shannon
3,180 Posts
i didnt know about the nismo being non-adjustable (e-slap myself) and yeah if u get coilovers go for the tein SS but im with him ^^^ use the JIC if u can find it and then add on the other components...

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
the a1's aren't sold anymore, and reguardless, how are they an improvement over the tein ss?

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
I believe the height is adjusted by the damper not the spring, so your wheel travel stays the same with the jics.

****edit

I very well could be wrong through

·
Registered
298 Posts
Nismo is a two finger gap, teins are fully adjustable... And plus you can alter the damper with the ss, I had nismo on my 03' and going with tein ss on my 04'

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Nismo sits at stock height? It is a noticeable drop to me. I think it's great, and when I get all the bars I am sure it will be awesome.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts