B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been reading a lot of the perf. threads, trying to learn and continue about what to do...intake is in, header/exhaust waiting to be installed. so whats next (besides ks mod/turbo) for hp/torque that would help performance obviously?

or do i do brakes/suspension/cosmetic crap?

any info would be great, still trying to learn as i go...thanks

·
I'm with your mom
1,540 Posts
balance shaft, pulley, motor mounts

·
300+whp
3,418 Posts
tpro2000 said:
Ive been reading a lot of the perf. threads, trying to learn and continue about what to do...intake is in, header/exhaust waiting to be installed. so whats next (besides ks mod/turbo) for hp/torque that would help performance obviously?

or do i do brakes/suspension/cosmetic crap?

any info would be great, still trying to learn as i go...thanks
All depends on what your looking to get out of you car...

Performance wise you can still:

Pulley's
KS
Short Shifter
Clutch
Flywheel

Suspension and brakes: this is where you really start enjoying your car, and if it's properly lowered, it's great times to drive.

Koni's and GC
Tein's SS or Basics
GIC's

Cosmetics: Kind of a waste of money, plus I think that the sentra just lowered looks awsome without any kits/lips/spoilers.

Good luck and just remember, you get what u pay for, so choose wisely

·
Registered
166 Posts
well i guess u have reached the mod-stage where its time to fork up the 12 bucks and buy one of them super cool chips on ebay that adds like 20-30 hp .... :D

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Immoble said:
Suspension and brakes: this is where you really start enjoying your car, and if it's properly lowered, it's great times to drive.

Koni's and GC
Tein's SS or Basics
GIC's
Um, JIC's? ;)

Anyway, there's a lot to do. You can go all out and be the first to do the "8500RPM" high comp QR...

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UnderJerseySkie: hah hah hah, yeah! lol

thanks guys...will continue readin as more stuff is put up...keep on comin with ideas/opinions!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
UnderJerseySkie said:
well i guess u have reached the mod-stage where its time to fork up the 12 bucks and buy one of them super cool chips on ebay that adds like 20-30 hp .... :D

.................................... I want one ! I must have one ! :D

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this may sound like an utterly retarded question, but being i have an se-r, not a spec v, where would the clutch/short shifter come in? it wouldnt right? (overly tired as well, forgive the lapse of mental judgement, hah hah hah)

·
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3
4,332 Posts
Do you particitpate in autocrossing, sanctioned racing, spirited driving in the canyons, or anything that involves full use of your car?

If you do, you might want to consider building up the suspension (JIC FLT-A2 ;)) & getting some more aggressive brake pads & stainless steel brake lines. :D Some lightweight 16" X 7" (~14 LBS) wheels with some sticky 205/55-16 or 205/50-16 tires would also be nice.

If not, then you're pretty much done there. Modding decreases the value of a car.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i dont participate in any of that, its for pure enjoyment....im not worried aboyt the value of the car, not going to sell, if i get another down the road ill keep going/working on this one

·
I'm with your mom
1,540 Posts
even though u have a se-r not a spec u can still do a short shifter

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
interesting, not something i would have thought about really, it being an auto and such

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Motor mounts... put power to the ground.

·
Registered
778 Posts
u have the basics and realy thats all u need for hp mods.. nothing else will give u anymore power/go any faster...get the es motor mounts.. worth the 40bucks..and maybe if u think the shifts are too long get a SS.
suspension is where its at.. our car is capable for some mean handling with a fixed suspension..and u need some hawk or axxis brake pads with some good brake fluid and SS brake lines...all the other small stuff is a waste.

·
I'm with your mom
1,540 Posts
wait if it's an auto than u can't do a short shifter...
if u want a good idea look at cams,clutch flywheel, motor mounts, pulley, downpipe, balance shaft for some good power
or just go around and look at other people's sig's for good ideas

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for the info guys...yeah the brake stuff i was thinking of doing eventually anyway...

yeah, ive been looking into the pulley....as for the fixed suspension, you talking about fsb/rsb, what else (dont know if im interested in lowering really, not sure)?

·
I'm with your mom
1,540 Posts
lower tie bar, bushings, springs, struts

·
Drunken Master
320 Posts
i say pulleys and suspension to give your car good balance

1 - 20 of 29 Posts