B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i just talked to Place Racing with Robert oor Gilbert about the CAI for hte 1.8L sentra, GXE or XE. he said to send him a trace of the MAF adapter, and he will make them for the 1.8L. if anyone is interested please contact me. also i have no idea what the heck is a MAF adapter and/or how to trace it. he said as soon as he gets the trace, they wil start producing your CAI for hte 1.8L. so if somone with a 1.8 can trace it that would be great and mail it to them. he said they should get a stock of silver in late next week so if you watn silver CAI for the 1.8, you have to get it in ASAP. email me or private message me ikf you can get a trace done, because i have no idea. thanks

G

·
word alright I got a gxe and can get you a trace if it will help this get going I dont got the funds to get one right now but who else wants one, I will trace the maf for you and send it to you send me your email
[email protected]

·
Registered
268 Posts
man that's cool !!

I surely want to get a CAI for my GXE. About how much will it be? will it be more expensive than the one for SE? (I am another poor college student =( )

my email is: [email protected]

I have no idea what a MAF is either...=(

·
Registered
783 Posts
If they can do this, I would be interested. It looks like it's one of the few mods that is going to be available in the near future.

NiSentraGXE2k: could you tell much difference with the Stromung installed on your 1.8? Do you thing you got ~ $500 worth of horsepower increase?

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
MAF=Mass Air Flow

Okay, I'm also trying to talk with Gilbert at PR to get an 1.8 application that fits on the spot. It would be nice if anyone is down in So Cal to maybe be a test car for him so they can actually see for the fitment. I'll email him to see what he thinks.

I would imagine that the Stromung was still pretty effective on a 1.8 and hopefully just as responsive. I know I feel it on mine.

·
Registered
268 Posts
i actually contacted PR and they said they got a special arranagement for the GXE.

And for the Stromung, i would pay 500 just for the sweet sound =)

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Sentra_n00b said:
i actually contacted PR and they said they got a special arranagement for the GXE.

And for the Stromung, i would pay 500 just for the sweet sound =)
Good, the special arrangements work perfect. Wow, most of the leg work was done while I was gone, good deal. $500 dollars was great for the sound AND power. :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i only got the stromung muffler for $369, but the sound is great and to tell teh truth i really cant feel any thing. when hte tips get hot there is a pretty loud sound with a good bass drone kind of thing going on, but i will get the mid-pipe later in about a month or so, but it looks great and sounds good to. well let me know what is happening with the 1.8L CAI, is someone could be a test car for us we can get a perfectly fit CAI for our cars, if not send them a tracing of the MAF. let me know wahts happening

·
Registered
60 Posts
yeah, let me know what is going on with the CAI because i have a GXE too, update with the pricing and all that stuff. Group deal or whatever. (running a little short on funds, but that's okay).

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok i have just decided that i cant live without a CAI, i deend the sound and the more power, so please someone either trace the MAF adapter and send it to wither me or Place Racing themselves, or be a test car for them. please i need this, i cant wait anymore.

i have no i idea where this MASF thingy is so..?

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
NiSentraGXE2k said:
well i only got the stromung muffler for $369, but the sound is great and to tell teh truth i really cant feel any thing. when hte tips get hot there is a pretty loud sound with a good bass drone kind of thing going on, but i will get the mid-pipe later in about a month or so, but it looks great and sounds good to. happening
Well, the thing with this is the stock midpipe. I doubt you'll see a difference in power with just a muffler upgrade, although the straighthrough design will certainly help. I bet that when you have the midpipe replaced, you'll feel a bit more power than stock. Just my two...

NiSentraGXE2k said:
ok i have just decided that i cant live without a CAI, i deend the sound and the more power, so please someone either trace the MAF adapter and send it to wither me or Place Racing themselves, or be a test car for them. please i need this, i cant wait anymore.

i have no i idea where this MASF thingy is so..?
MAF adapter..what this is, is you know the rubber ribbed tubing coming from your throttle body next to your engine? Well, just as soon as that connects to your airbox is the MAF adapter. Where do you live anyways? The reason I ask is because I talked with Gilbert, and he didn't know what was going on with the GXE car for the shop, but he also told me that they probably got with Robert and that he'll find out more and email me. I would gather to say that the application will be a bit different from the SE. I would recommend waiting, unless you're into changing things and making things fit. :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
yea pls tell us when you got the reply from him. I want a CAI so bad also.

So i should contact with robert or gilbert?

thx

and they actually need the size of that MAF thing?

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Sentra_n00b said:
So i should contact with robert or gilbert?

thx

and they actually need the size of that MAF thing?
Contact either or. I would email [email protected] for answers. I believe Gilbert responds to those. They will need more than just the size of the MAF for a bolt on fit for the 1.8. They don't have a car and they are not sure what the fitment is for right now.

·
Registered
268 Posts
hmm....so what information do they actually need? sorry i don't know much about the mechanic thing...

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Sentra_n00b said:
hmm....so what information do they actually need? sorry i don't know much about the mechanic thing...
Well, first off, depends on if you live in So Cal or not that way you can maybe use your car to get the fitment right. Second, if that can't happen, just explain to them how much you would really like them to start R&Ding to make the CAI. Ask them what you can do to speed up the process. I really do think they just need the car in the shop for a prototype and also, of course, is the time factor. They're pretty busy.

·
Registered
268 Posts
doh...it will take me 7-8 hours to drive there....

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Sentra_n00b said:
doh...it will take me 7-8 hours to drive there....
I would just hang in there and be patient. I know it sucks, but I'm lucky to have a CAI and a completely bolt on exhaust system. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts