B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I'm with your mom
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never had a problem w/ my car's oil level, it has almost 28k on it, I did the balance shaft removal, and added the oil when i was done. I added 1 extra qt and it was still lower, so I added more. Later that day I was wayyyyy over. So i took some out. It was perfectly in the middle. I drove for a while no problems. Last week I started it up and my valves were chattering so i added a little oil, and the chatter went away. This morning I start her up and the valves are chatting again. I turned it off and checked the oil and it was a little less than half on the stick between Low and High. I had no extra oil at the house so I drove to work. I'm going to get more oil but want to know what's the deal w/ the valves chattering and the oil level fluctiating(sp)?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I honestly don't know, my engine plays's trick's on me just like your's does, know it gotten to wear I check my qg18de engine oil level every week

·
I'm with your mom
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i never had to worry bout checking my oil b4, i dont wanna have to do it every morning

·
Registered
83 Posts
After I removed my Balance shafts I have been adding 5 and a half to 6 quarts. I normally add about 5 and a half and let it go for a couple days then check it and add accordingly. I just save that half a quart incase it needs more down the road. I have never had any chattering or had to drain oil. And I have been doing synthetic since then. Don't know if that helps or not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts