B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys, right now i'm having a little difficulty with my oil.. everytime I drive, its burning a little bad where you can see the smoke come out of the dipstick when I check to see how the oil is and I could even smell it when I turn the heat on...I just changed my oil last friday, but before my last oil change.. I must have had 6500-7500 miles on the older oil before the change :( .. I know I've waited too long, but I have no idea what to do... the problem started to happen before I did my last recent oil change (friday) and is still continuing to happen even with the new oil... just recently I changed out my thermostat and radiator to the "cool radiator" and ran separate lines for the transmission cooler to a separate radiator in front of the A/C... (I have an 1.8 automatic) I thought by doing this would eliminate the problem, but it hasn't... I'm going to replace the PCV valve probably this friday to see if that helps, but for the meantime, I just cleaned the old one in the car.. I could use the help or any suggestions to stopping this oil problem... So far no SES light, I am running the stock exhaust manifold, with a CAI and full catback exhaust for sidenotes... Also theres about 76000 miles on the car if that helps ;)
Thanks

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
check your coolant for oil.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
How low was the oil level when you changed it. Is your coolant full and does it have oil in it? Has the coolant level dropped? Has the oil level dropped? Does the car smoke- white or black smoke?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
adc100 said:
How low was the oil level when you changed it. Is your coolant full and does it have oil in it? Has the coolant level dropped? Has the oil level dropped? Does the car smoke- white or black smoke?
I just did the coolant this morning, flushed and everything... radiator is runing perfect, actually switched it to the cool radiator ;)
BUT the oil is burning gray smoke... The coolant level is the same, the oil level is the same... had nissan change my oil last friday.. new filter and oil .. i'm just boggled of why its burning... maybe use a certain oil cleaner?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SR20dee said:
if you suspect the pcv is bad.. simply shake the pcv .. if it rattles its fine.. look for your problem else where..
yea i did that, its still rattling.. but so far I checked the radaitor, coolant, had an oil change last friday with a new nissan filter (went to nissan for the change), checked the pcv and cleaned it... i'm out of suggestions right now...

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Thermostat might also be stuck... I'd check it out.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok guys i just checked it one more time.. the burning looks to be a white color.. almost gray but more white... someone told me that there could be water mixed with the oil? Not sure but i'm going to get another oil change asap and see if that helps...
As for the thermostat... I replaced it today with a new one.. its working fine right now... so I don't think its the thermostat... so right now, i'm completely lost :(

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
the oil change you did, did you do it yourself? or was it done by a shop of some sorts? I'd buy a case of oil and a new filter and do it myself :( sucks dude

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lawngn0mex said:
the oil change you did, did you do it yourself? or was it done by a shop of some sorts? I'd buy a case of oil and a new filter and do it myself :( sucks dude
Yea ima do it tomorrow 1st thing in the morning... I actually did the change at the POS-ship because I was in the rush... bastards probably sabotaged my car hoping i'll come back for more business or to even buy a new car :mad:
Is there any oil additives or detergents that cleans the oil? I might have the oil pan taken out and checked... also to check the block and gears to see how the condition of how they are also... I like to think safety ;)

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well to be honest, i'm a little skeptical on using detergents inside the engine because of hearing about how it can eat away the gears, internals, etc... What i'm going to try tomorrow is empty out the oil from the car and and take out the filter...replace it with a cheap filter and add like 2-3 quarts of some cheap 10w30 oil and let the car run for 30 mins... then after the 30 mins take that oil out and change the filter with a nissan filter and replace with better oil such as mobil... i'm hoping this would help...
if this doesn't do the trick... i'll try that detergent to see if that helps..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts