B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car is due for an oil change. i was just wondering what oil filter are you guys using. stock? i really wanna try Pureone oil filter, but i cant seen to find it. none of the stores around here have it. they have the regular purolator but they dont have the Pureone. is it the same oil filter for the previous sr20des. shoudln't they have it?

that really sucks, i guess i'm stuck with the stock filter huh?

i did a search on this but it did not answer my question

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
I let the dealership use the factory one. It's actually supposed to be a very good filter, so I'd stick with it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
stock filters have a check valve in them to keep the oil from flowing out of the filter once pressure has been relieved. Non oem filters do not have this feature. the advantage is that it requires less time for the oil to reach the top of the engine and for pressure to build up.

will this make a difference? perhaps, perhaps not. If nissan felt it was important to have this feature shouldn't you??? ultimatly its your decision....

http://www.courtesyparts.com

doc

TOFFEE said:
my car is due for an oil change. i was just wondering what oil filter are you guys using. stock? i really wanna try Pureone oil filter, but i cant seen to find it. none of the stores around here have it. they have the regular purolator but they dont have the Pureone. is it the same oil filter for the previous sr20des. shoudln't they have it?

that really sucks, i guess i'm stuck with the stock filter huh?

i did a search on this but it did not answer my question

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Dr. Mario

Most oil filters will have the anti-drainback. Pure One filters are noted to have a very soft silicon one which is supposed to function amont the best. I have a Pure One in my Toyota(gulp) 4WD Truck and it does not leak back. I understand Nissan makes a filter which has a good anti-drainback valve. I went to the Purolator Page and it does not list the Pure One as available for the SR20DE. Too bad, guess you (and I) are stuck with OEM.

http://www.pureoil.com/NewFiles/ecat_frame.htm

·
Registered
169 Posts
Re: Dr. Mario

i did not know they had one..

thanks

doc

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the replies!

actually, both fram(the more expensive one) and pureone have the antidrainback valve. it's just that they dont have the application for th sr20des. anyways, i went to the dealer and got me a couple of oem filters. i think its built pretty well. i guess im just gonna stick with oem for now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts