B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, a while back I had an accident and it took 45 days to get me back on the road due to lack of parts, well I wasn't gonna let that slide so after getting very persistent with Nissan they ended up giving me a free maintenance plan, It includes free oil changes and tire rotation for I believe 48k miles, however this is the problem. In this plan your allowed to get the oil changed at no less than 3,750 miles. Well I never go past 3,000 because I understand thats the general rule of thumb. So will the extra 750 miles really matter or should I get pissed again and complain?

------------------
Black 2K SE+PP

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
i have no Idea.... but cool plan

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter - Smoke Side Markers
SDsr20de858 pics

·
Registered
783 Posts
I don't think it will be a problem, unless you are really pushing your enging. If you are, you may want to add a few extra changes. Consure Reports is recomending about 7000 miles. I think thats high. I try to follow th 3750 guide, but I don't really worry until about 4000. Shortly after I got the car last year I was on a long trip over a weekend. No dealers were open, and the chains wouldn't touch it because it wasn't in their book yet. It got up to around 4500 that time, and the oil still looked good. It was mostly highway though.

I wouldn't complain. Just be there right away when you hit their number.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
3750 is overkill for even regular oil. Personally though, in my former life as a engineering working stiff I learned so much about syn oils that I would never consider using conventional oils again. One other thing: In the manual it says 3750 or 3 months for Schedule I. Maybe you can beat 'em with that??

Al

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with AutoTrans

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
3750 miles for an oil change!? I hit the 3 months on both of mine, and didn't even come close to 3000 on the 2nd one.

Maybe you should drive less than 3750 miles every 3 months?

Seriously though, I really don't think it will hurt. Between the engine build quality and newer oil technology, you should be fine.

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
If you yelled at him then you are really going to yell at me . I have had my car since 2-12-01 and I have 5800+ miles on it already. I just can't seem to stop wanting to drive it. I love it and its so much fun.

------------------
2001 Blackout Se with PP

G

·
I must be the most anal one out of the bunch. hehe.

3,800 miles on my car, and two oil changes so far! :) I think I just like being underneath my car.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Ghetto airbox...Zip ties and all!

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nismo_Girl_2001:
If you yelled at him then you are really going to yell at me . I have had my car since 2-12-01 and I have 5800+ miles on it already. I just can't seem to stop wanting to drive it. I love it and its so much fun.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm making up for that 40,000 I did in 1997 on my last car...

I will admit I'm going on vacation next week and should add about a 1,000 to the odo. Then I'll be @ 8,000!!!

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

·
Registered
259 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maxximtl:
I must be the most anal one out of the bunch. hehe.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

don't count on it. :D

------------------
MY PAGE
WAIT! USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION

1 - 9 of 9 Posts