B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2000 Nissan Sentra SE and I came with the Premium sound package. I will be replacing the HU with and I would like to know what the ohm rating is on the front door speakers and also the rear speakers. I am also wondering if I buy component speakers for the front to replace the factory speakers what would be a good choice? I am currenlty looking at a the following:

Alpine CDA-9833 HU
Alpine SPS-170A 6.5 2ways for the back
Alpine Type-S SPS171A "6-1/2" component speaker system for the front
Kenwood Amp 150watt
2 Clarion 12" subs

·
Registered
7 Posts
Most stock car speakers are 4ohms. In fact most component sets are as well sometimes you may find either some 2ohm sets and occasionally and 8ohm set. The audio equipment you have listed will be 100 times better than any stock system, plus the companies you have chosen are all good car audio equipment. I would recommend stick with one brand if you can, not that it makes for a better sounding system but for a more esthetically pleasing one. Plus it is easier to list you audio mods.

·
Registered
501 Posts
The headunit is the only choice that I at least kind of recommend.

Everything else, eh.....
not to mention that you'll need a lot more than just a kenwood 150 watt amp to run a set of comps, a set of rears and two subs. lol

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
I'd get the Type-R's myself if you are partial to Alpine. Its a very very marginal difference in price. I'd drop the Clarion subs for the Type-R's as well. I'd recommend other stuff, but these should fall into your budget well and be decent performers.

·
NISMOnkey
1,015 Posts
When you ask for car audio recommendations, you need to provide a real budget. This should include everything you want to spend for, hardware, wiring, installation fees (if you're not installing yourself), etc.

We can toss you some recommendations, then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts