B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup yall!

I searched for an answer on this but I didn't come up with anything. One of my fog lights went out. The only thing the local Wal-Mart had were 100watt bulbs.

Question is, since these bulbs are the same size will they still work correctly, even with the higher wattage? Will they overtax my electrical system or fuses?

If not 100watt bulbs would be sweet...perfect for blasting down country roads at 2am!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Well actually I am running 100watt hyperwhites in mine but i'm not sure on conventional bulbs if they run too hott or not,,,,I know the hyperwhites run cooler than the stocks.....

But the brighter bulbs do look great....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI
<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175" TARGET=_blank>*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*
</A> ***My Website***

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey sentra styling, what's the voltage on your front turn signals? is it 12V? or is it watts? whatever it is, what's the power/intensity of yours?

[This message has been edited by CyGuy (edited April 05, 2001).]

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
All cars run on a 12 volt system but if your asking about how bright is the output on the bulbs i'm not sure they even listed it on the package,,,so I don't have a clue....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175" TARGET=_blank>*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*
</A> ***My Website***

·
Registered
180 Posts
So I assume bulbs are not covered at all?

------------------
Black 2K SE+PP

·
Registered
149 Posts
Be careful with high-watt bulbs, it is possible to burn your wiring up.

------------------
'97 VW Golf Trek - modded
'00 Sentra SE - PP, PIAAs, Tint

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah, on my last car i had 100 watters and they all but melted the wiring and housing.

------------------
Charles

2001 Sentra SE
Inferno with HyperWhite lights
PR CAI on the way, looking into Stromung Exhaust

1 - 7 of 7 Posts