B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Damn a chimmike post, the question is who still owns their B15?
i think im the outcast here. owned for over 5 years without payments, drove off the lot brand new in 2002 ;)

·
Super Moderator
8,869 Posts
the question is who still owns their B15?
I made it almost 11 years until I traded it last year for an Altima. We still have the wife's '03 GXE in the garage. That's 19+ years combined.

·
Old Age Sux
1,602 Posts
My son still has his 2001 SE which we bought new when he was in college. I got rid of my 2002 SER in Nov 2009. After $4,000 in repairs, I called it quits! I bought a used Mazda 3(about 40K on it) and have spent $0 on it other than oil changes.

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Mike. Been a while.
Well hey there Al, how's things?

Any new hobbies for you fellas?
I've takin a kin to metal working (albeit in my very, very spare time with a 2 year old running around). Picked up a tig welder, some random tools, got a broken plasma cutter I'm trying to fix.
Welded up some aluminum intercooler piping which turned out nice, then polished it on the bench polisher (pain in the rear), gonna build a stainless 3" exhaust for the ms3 after the motor build.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Well hey there Al, how's things?

Same old same old. I had Prostate cancer and had it yanked in Feb of this year. Very ugly operation but I'm back to normal, almost. I go tomorrow to get my PSA result. Hopefully it will be zero and then that would indicate I'm pretty much good to go. Still have the subaru and my SE.

I go to the Gym every day to watch the women and work out a little. ;) And I'm still the resident a$$hole on here.

·
Administrator
5,873 Posts
I still have my B15. Technically the second owner, but I bought the Auto new off the lot, then bought this one. 175k on it, blew the motor 3 months ago, and just bought a 31k RR to replace it.

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Same old same old. I had Prostate cancer and had it yanked in Feb of this year. Very ugly operation but I'm back to normal, almost. I go tomorrow to get my PSA result. Hopefully it will be zero and then that would indicate I'm pretty much good to go. Still have the subaru and my SE.

I go to the Gym every day to watch the women and work out a little. ;) And I'm still the resident a$$hole on here.
ahh, well at least it's taken care of!
My grandfather dealt with it years ago, went through radiation for it though.

He's 86 now, in a nursing home with alzheimers and end-stage renal disease. We're not sure what's going to take him first, because the doctors are really baffled he hasn't died from renal disease yet.

JP: Time to turbo!

·
Bootlegger
1,280 Posts
ahh, well at least it's taken care of!
My grandfather dealt with it years ago, went through radiation for it though.

He's 86 now, in a nursing home with alzheimers and end-stage renal disease. We're not sure what's going to take him first, because the doctors are really baffled he hasn't died from renal disease yet.

JP: Time to turbo!
JP has been turbo for years. ;) You have been gone too long. :p

·
SER Mod Father
3,419 Posts
02 og

I put the Sentragini back on the road this summer. Been driving it every day but need a new crankshaft sensor (it was rubbing and wouldn't start when I licensed it this spring, adjusted it but now it's showing even heavier than normal gas use).
Got your pm just now. That hydroplane will run again this weekend on our guys only yearly camping trip. Ditched the 15hp Johnson for a 20 Merc. Still some work to go before Friday getting the steering setup properly.
I met up with seductivesounds a few weeks back to get some orginal dash parts and stock tail lights off a parts car he has.

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
Still flossin' tha '01. I will NEVER get rid of this car :cool:

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks good JP! What turbo is that? GT28?

I've been turbo (well, off and on) for several years now. About 20k miles on the upgraded turbo on my speed3.

Currently running an ATP Garrett GTX3076R. Was hitting targets of 24psi for a while, but I'm thinking I have a leak in the vac line to the POS internal wastegate, so I'm hitting 18 now. Probably 340-360whp as it is. With 24psi, 410-430whp with ease. (and was able to walk an audi R8 v8 on the highway, and walk a roush blown modmotor mustang, '09-'10).

Going to build the motor to hit 500+whp more reliably, but probably run 27psi, keep it around 450-470. CP pistons, eagle rods, ARP studs, cometic headgasket, new timing chain/tensioner and new serp belt and tensioner. Ported a spare intake manifold and will hand port the head while it's off. Still on the stock exhaust manifold (And stock cat-back exhaust!), but will be swapping it out for a tubular, tial mv-s wastegate, and I'll be fabbing up a 3" cat-back exhaust. 3" catless downpipe is on there now.

Gotta tell you, the beauty in these cars is the tuning! Cobb Accessport allows for full tunability (I've tried to make adjustments for my buddy on his GTR with his accessport, but that's limited unless you're a pro for some reason), and with a stock wideband, we can pretty much just target a certain AFR and do a few MAF calibration runs to make sure we're on. Ignition timing tuning is great thanks to an accurate but safe knock sensor, and our MAF sensor basically can be bolted to larger housings allowing for more flow. Right now I'm on a 3" housing, should be fine for up to 500-520whp. Oh, and we've got an integrated MAP sensor, too, which helps in setting boost targets (also controllable via the accessport and an aftermarket boost control solenoid).

Whew. Outta breath!

been up since 4am, flew to pensacola, had a 5 hour meeting, and now back home, good ol' office won't give me any comp time so back to slaving in the office tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts