B15 Sentra Forum banner

161 - 180 of 222 Posts

·
Moderately Neato
1,915 Posts
The interior looks like it was designed about 4-5 years ago. It shares a lot of little elements with the B15 Sentra and 350z. It is very dated inside...definitely old school Nissan. I don't know why manufacturers always skimp on the interior...thats the only part of the car you interact with everyday.

·
geezinondowntheroad
8,005 Posts
Maxx said:
I don't know why manufacturers always skimp on the interior...thats the only part of the car you interact with everyday.
Not if you buy a ford. You may work on the engine daily. ;)
Fix Or Repair Daily

·
Super Moderator
8,869 Posts
Trav4011 said:
The Vette guys crack me up.. how they compare thier craptastic, over-priced Corvette to a car like the GT-R, or 911 turbo. What are you paying for in the Vette? A pushrod LSx engine.. Oohh.. how sophisticated and cutting edge!
Everything you slam the Corvette for is multiplied by ten for your beloved Mustangs. You want to slam the Corvette for using a pushrod V8, but the Mustang's doesn't even have an independent rear-suspension. Compare the Corvette to a 911 Turbo? Ok...same performance, less money. Against the GT-R? No one really knows yet, but it will probably be about the same performance for about the same price. As far as the RWD, pushrod V8 versus the AWD turbo, and this is the bottom line: I don't care how the job gets done, as long as it gets done right. You can't honestly say the C6 Corvette doesn't get its job done well.

·
I hide the bodies...
523 Posts
I'll take a non Z06 C5 Corvette any day. Some of those guys have gotten into the 10's with just a few bolt ons. Others are doing mid 9's in the 1/4 with a moderate turbo kit.
Unrefined? Maybe compared to Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, etc. Supercar performance without the supecar price.

·
geezinondowntheroad
8,005 Posts
I bet the Vette has better leg room.

·
Super Moderator
8,869 Posts
AZ_2K_SE said:
I'll take a non Z06 C5 Corvette any day.
With the '08 bump in power, the base C6 can just about keep up with the C5 Z06's. That's progress. :)

·
Bootlegger
1,280 Posts
Y2K SE said:
With the '08 bump in power, the base C6 can just about keep up with the C5 Z06's. That's progress. :)
More power does not mean better handling or traction. Wait till we see some test data before you claim things. I have seen no test data for an 08 Z06, so who knows what it will do.

·
Slappy McGear Slapper
913 Posts
Raverjames21 said:
More power does not mean better handling or traction. Wait till we see some test data before you claim things. I have seen no test data for an 08 Z06, so who knows what it will do.
Haven't you learned yet - nobody cares about these things. Whoever does the 1/4 mile fastest is the best car. Geeze. . . .n00b.

·
Super Moderator
8,869 Posts
Raverjames21 said:
In context, your reply makes no sense. Its been fairly well established that a base C6 provides about 95% of the overall performance of a C5 Z06. Nothing's changed on the Z06 for 2008, so existing 2007 numbers still apply. As far as handling and traction, the Z06 is an excellent performer, capable of running and beating many a $100k+ supercar.

The fact remains that the Corvette is the best price/performance value in the world. This cannot be disputed; its been proven time and time again by many people. The GT-R may compete, but that remains to be seen.

·
Immature Tough Guy
5,671 Posts
SixthSpeed said:
I'm not trying to start a Honda vs Nissan discussion, but does Honda have anything to compete against the new GT-R?
I keep looking for news of the NSX successor but Honda seems to really be keeping it under wraps. Rumors still indicate a front engine V10:

·
Hoosier Daddy?
6,000 Posts
Y2K SE said:
Everything you slam the Corvette for is multiplied by ten for your beloved Mustangs. You want to slam the Corvette for using a pushrod V8, but the Mustang's doesn't even have an independent rear-suspension. Compare the Corvette to a 911 Turbo? Ok...same performance, less money. Against the GT-R? No one really knows yet, but it will probably be about the same performance for about the same price. As far as the RWD, pushrod V8 versus the AWD turbo, and this is the bottom line: I don't care how the job gets done, as long as it gets done right. You can't honestly say the C6 Corvette doesn't get its job done well.
Beloved? I don't sleep with the damn thing.. lol...

The Mach 1 and Cobra have used IRS for years.. Honestly, for what I use the car for.. the 4 link/solid axle is much better suited. There's was a C6 Z06 at the track last night that snapped an axle on slicks.. I thought about this thread..

I didn't say that I didn't care for the Z06.. Hell, I'd love to have one, honestly.. But, it IS a rwd sports car.. It's not in the same class in terms of refinement, resale value, and OVERALL performance when compared to cars like the GT-R, 911, etc..

Travis

·
Registered
239 Posts
the z06 c6 is quite an astonashing machine actually. i worked for chevy and got to drive and work on the cars, even the base model c6 is so much better than a z06 c5, from looks to performance. hopefully the new gtr can outperform the z06 in every aspect. as long as the new gtr has a nicer looking interior than the z06 then it takes the cake on looks and quality

161 - 180 of 222 Posts