B15 Sentra Forum banner

141 - 160 of 222 Posts

·
Slappy McGear Slapper
913 Posts
Just what we need - more GTR emblems for ricers to steal. . . I'd give it 2 days of ownership before you're missing a few emblems.

·
Immature Tough Guy
5,671 Posts

·
Hoosier Daddy?
6,000 Posts
Paraskass said:
Maybe so.

But by your logic, we should all be driving SRT-4s
Dude.. seriously.. STFU..

You're talking about a car with some of the most advanced technology in the WORLD in terms of the drivetrain design/layout. Who cares what the badge on the trunk reads?!

This isn't a "made in mexico" Nissan.. it's a Japanese built supercar, inspired and designed by some of the most brilliant minds in the automotive world.

The Vette guys crack me up.. how they compare thier craptastic, over-priced Corvette to a car like the GT-R, or 911 turbo. What are you paying for in the Vette? A pushrod LSx engine.. Oohh.. how sophisticated and cutting edge! The Vette is a sports car.. big engine.. RWD.. loud and unrefined. The GT-R is a AWD, road race/track car with cutting edge tech, and refinement enough to earn it a license plate.

Travis

·
I-L-L......I-N-I
1,999 Posts
Trav4011 said:
The Vette guys crack me up.. how they compare thier craptastic, over-priced Corvette to a car like the GT-R, or 911 turbo. What are you paying for in the Vette? A pushrod LSx engine.. Oohh.. how sophisticated and cutting edge! The Vette is a sports car.. big engine.. RWD.. loud and unrefined. The GT-R is a AWD, road race/track car with cutting edge tech, and refinement enough to earn it a license plate.

Travis
x2. I've read through some comments on autoblog and its pretty funny. Different cars in different leagues end of story.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Trav4011 said:
The Vette guys crack me up.. how they compare thier craptastic, over-priced Corvette to a car like the GT-R, or 911 turbo. What are you paying for in the Vette?
If the raw performance numbers are close, it is going to be compared.
Even if its a KIA.

yeah, the Z06 has a pushrod engine. Big deal.
Calling the vette craptastic but you sink how much money into rustangs?
:rolleyes:
by your logic you should be saving for a GT-R

·
OT Slut
1,308 Posts
• 6-speed Dual Clutch Transmission with three driver-selectable modes: Normal (for maximum smoothness and efficiency), Snow (for gentler starting and shifting on slippery surfaces), and R mode (for maximum performance with fastest shifts).

I dont get it...........Is it still going to just be the automatic paddle shifters?

·
OT Slut
1,308 Posts
SpeC-V_Freak said:
Quote of the century. How many 4.6 or 5.0 engines do you see people swapping nowaydays. I dont even think i can name every car i have seen some sort of a Chevy 346 in.

·
Bootlegger
1,280 Posts
From GTR website:
Driver-configurable performance monitor, developed with Sony® Polyphony, with graphical readouts of vehicle data and driving data displayed on a total of 11 screens
cool

·
Hoosier Daddy?
6,000 Posts
SpeC-V_Freak said:
If the raw performance numbers are close, it is going to be compared.
Even if its a KIA.

yeah, the Z06 has a pushrod engine. Big deal.
by your logic you should be saving for a GT-R
What does my mustang have to do with anything? I'm not trying to compare my mustang to a GT-R..

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Trav4011 said:
What does my mustang have to do with anything? I'm not trying to compare my mustang to a GT-R..
Does not matter if you were comparing. You called the vette "craptastic"' which makes your car much less than that.

·
Hoosier Daddy?
6,000 Posts
SpeC-V_Freak said:
Does not matter if you were comparing. You called the vette "craptastic"' which makes your car much less than that.
lol.. ok.. Not really sure how that works, but, if you say so.. ;)

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
pintobean11 said:
• 6-speed Dual Clutch Transmission with three driver-selectable modes: Normal (for maximum smoothness and efficiency), Snow (for gentler starting and shifting on slippery surfaces), and R mode (for maximum performance with fastest shifts).

I dont get it...........Is it still going to just be the automatic paddle shifters?
Yes.

pintobean11 said:
Quote of the century. How many 4.6 or 5.0 engines do you see people swapping nowaydays. I dont even think i can name every car i have seen some sort of a Chevy 346 in.
Popular swap for Rangers and Miatas.

·
Slappy McGear Slapper
913 Posts
Lol picture of the backseat is hilarious - maybe 2" of leg room at most. Kind of like a 911 I think they made it "2+2" for insurance reasons or something.

141 - 160 of 222 Posts