B15 Sentra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 222 Posts

·
Moderately Neato
1,915 Posts
Raverjames21 said:
Vette has 2 less wheels to put power to the ground. It may be in for a challenge.
Since the only real reference we have right now would be Nurburgring track times, all the cars are in roughly the same range. The unofficial GTR time, 911 Turbo and Z06 are all within 5-6 seconds of one another (zo6 being the slowest.) I doubt the z06 will be able to compete in terms of refinement, but the question then becomes price. Its likely to be the cheapest...and that always counts for something.

·
Knight Rider!!
2,193 Posts
Y2K SE said:
Numbers look good, but I'm not sure it'll be a Z06-killer, given that the Z06 starts under $70k MSRP. There's also no way of knowing what Chevrolet will do it, since the 650+ HP ZR1 is coming and the base Corvette had a 30HP upgrade this year.
but u are assuming the price of the GT-R is already above 70K, i mean the article just says under 80K, that is a very broad range. since the original numbers were as someone said highest 75k and lowest is 65K

although i'm sure once it comes to dealers, there will be a 10K markup.... :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
8,869 Posts
Scratch705 said:
but u are assuming the price of the GT-R is already above 70K, i mean the article just says under 80K, that is a very broad range. since the original numbers were as someone said highest 75k and lowest is 65K
Just applying basic marketing knowledge, if the price was under $75k or $70k, then the headline would read as such. Until the car is released, this is all speculation anyways.

·
Registered
610 Posts
maybe i will buy one and have it repoed!!!

·
5,575 Posts
FaboFrom508 said:
maybe i will buy one and have it repoed!!!
Ok, gotta give you some credit, that was funny :D

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
All this Z06 vs. GT-R talk doesn't really matter. That is not what Nissan was shooting for. They wanted Porsche 911 Turbo beating status, and they have it.

·
geezinondowntheroad
8,005 Posts
Just tell me it will be available with a Manual Transmission (+ no paddles please it ain't a canoe), and i will start plotting some armed robberies.

Not just thrilled with the headlight setup.

·
VVL is good
2,770 Posts
RussY2KSE said:
There's speakers in-between the rear seats? Hot damn!

side note: When we had the layover in Miami, it seems that there armored cars only use 2 workers(driver + guard in the back) (whereas the trucks in my area uses 3-driver-guard stays in the back-guard walks money in/out), making it MUCH easier to get away with the mOney. /note

Might have to take a vacation in sunny Miami!!! Can SpecVFreak give me a few loaners???

·
geezinondowntheroad
8,005 Posts
So Pops, are you gonna trade up or what?

·
Knight Rider!!
2,193 Posts
i wonder if that model is for UK?

i mean english labels for the steering wheel but the speedo is in KPH?

unless the japanese also uses english labels for buttons

21 - 40 of 222 Posts