B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a lot of you guys making comments like what a pain, what a hassle, concerning the Nissan bra.In my opinion its one of the best engineered accesories made. The old one(aka: nose piece) made for the se-r etc flopped around like a rag in a hurricane. This new one stays right in place. I leave mine on all the time, rain sleet whatever. As long as you keep a good coat of wax on your car you should have no problems, concerning marring of the paint. Although I still get beaucoup rock chips, it provides considerable protection. When the weather turns considerably nicer, am looking forward to putting on the whole unit.Adios Amigos

------------------
2001 se,pp,5spd,moonroof,stillen pop charger,stainless streetline exhaust,panther alloys,eibach lowered.Former ride 94 se-r.

·
Registered
16 Posts
After reading the thread about rock chips, and seeing a few of my own, I was thinking about getting the bra. I finally saw one on a B15 and i think they look sharp. I'm glad to hear you can use them in the rain.

M

·
0 Posts
I got screwed over and my paint peeled in a place. so I am thinking insted of the 400 to get it repainted, I spend 4 bucks on touch up paint clear coat and 89 for the bra. How does it look do you have a pic

·
Registered
250 Posts
Well, I took my '01 SE out of winter storage yesterday, and had a hell of a time mounting the OEM nose mask. The upper piece that fits over the front of the hood mounts with no problem, but the lower main piece that goes over the bumper was an absolute b*tch to put on. The most difficult and time-consuming part (at least for me) was trying to stretch it sufficiently for the snap to reach under the front wheel well. In all, it took about 2 minutes to mount the hood piece and nearly 30 minutes of struggling to fit the lower piece. Also, the two hooks that secure the nose mask above the bumper opening do not stay in place.

In retrospect, the nose mask *does* look good on the vehicle, and I'm hoping that, over time, the material will stretch to conform to the contours and be easier to mount subsequently.

DL

·
Super Moderator
8,869 Posts
TintDude said:
I think if you lay them out in the sun for awhile, they are easier to install.
Ya, they will be much easier to install if you lay it out in the sun and allow the material to warm up and expand. When I borrow my Dad's truck in the winter, I can never get the cover buttoned back on. :)

·
Registered
816 Posts
With bras, they're great as long as you follow the manufacturer's directions. After a rainstorm or after the bra gets wet, always take the bra off and let it dry. If it dries while it's still on the car, water vapor gets trapped under the bra and acts like a steam bath. This will speed up the oxidation (rust) process. Your paint will get discolored because of the heat and it will not be pretty. As long as you're careful, a bra is a great investment to protect from those nasty rock chips.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts