B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I hide the bodies...
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To be used for informational purpose only! Use at your own risk!!!

ALL MIXTURES ARE WITH 92 OCTANE GAS

Toluene--
10%--94.2
20%--96.4
30%--98.6

Xylene--
10%--94.6
20%--97
30%--99.5

MTBE-Methyl-tertiary-butyl-ether
10%--94.6
20%--97.2
30%--99.8

How to make 8 16oz. bottles of octane booster--(An exact copy of a very popular brand)

100oz of Toluene--For octane boost
25oz. of Mineral Spirits--cleaning agent
3oz. of transmission fluid--for lubrication.

·
I hide the bodies...
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It has come to my attention that Xylene and Toluene attacks and destroys rubber. That means the rubber fuel lines, rubber in the fuel pump etc., will fail if these formulas are used regularly. This could result in engine damage. As in needs a rebuild.

You have been warned! I am not responsible for any damage to vehicles in which these formulas are used!!!

·
I hide the bodies...
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try the MTBE with some orange juice. It's called a screwed driver:D

·
I hide the bodies...
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, the other Aussie guy I've been in contact with tells me octane boosters won't eat the the rubber seals etc. I know that methanol and ethanol are rather corrosive, especially in certain concentrations. Now I have to figure out if we can use the other formulas I posted...sigh:( . More research. I'm going to blind from staring at computer screens all day.

BTW, the Aussie guy I'm referring to has the supercharged Datsun 200 stationwagon.

·
I hide the bodies...
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just need a way to figure it out, and we are set. I've thought about advancing the timing beyond the usual on pump gas. However, I know that more is not necessarily better. Too much advance and you can actually lose power. I'll see what I can come up with.

·
I hide the bodies...
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
It will modify the timing, but we can manually advance it somewhat as well. My thinking is that if I use 89 or 92 octane and add the Toluene etc. after having advanced the timing to/beyond 19*, I might get more HP without pinging. What I would advance it to beyond 19* I have no idea as this is just a thought. The main thing would be testing it out to make sure it doesn't kill the seals. I wouldn't have to advance timing for that.

Oh BTW, my car seems to like 89 octane slightly more than 92. It feels like it accelerates a little bit better on 89.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
sinner

with the rocket fuel :) you should be able to advance your timing to like 16 maybe or 17, if you make a high enough mixture.
It'll require lots of testing and tuning though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
IMO it's safe but I wouldn't want to use something like a 20% mix on a regular basis. That said, I'm only basing that view on the fact that on a semi regular basis I chuck in a few litres (mostly when I'm at the track) and nothing has fallen apart yet. If you really want to have fun make a mix of about 87% toluene and 13% n-heptane and drop your air/fuel mix into the mid 11's, you'll be able to get an extra 15-20 degrees of advance with that :)

·
Registered
347 Posts
SpIcEz said:
sinner

with the rocket fuel :) you should be able to advance your timing to like 16 maybe or 17, if you make a high enough mixture.
It'll require lots of testing and tuning though.
like i said i got nos, and everyone turns there timing down. i dont know why cause of the spark i guess, good question for clubsi.com

·
I hide the bodies...
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Rocket fuel formula is EXACTLY what I posted. What they didn't tell you is that the site they found IS the Turbo Buick site I also found. The Buick guys have been using it for a while. However, they are REAL big on using a mix of water and alcohol injection. We just tend to use water. I'll have to look into that too someday. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts