B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NX 50 wet shot system and sparkplugs questions any one can help

im about gto get the nx 50 wet shot system but i heard that i should change my sotck sparkplugs i need to do this??? what kind and if some one has a link so i can buy the sparkplugs i dont wnat to have any problems its the first time i use nitrous on one of my cars

thaxnx

·
gone :(
1,283 Posts
you should PM niceguy. I think you should get step 1 colder plugs or something like taht.

·
No more Spec
2,549 Posts
Get either NGK or Denso plugs two steps colder than stock. Also dont waste your money on platinum or iridium. Just get the copper. They will perform better than platinum and as good as the iridium for a lot less money. When using nitrous it is a good idea to change plugs pretty regularly so you dont want to be spending $12 a plug.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Yeah, copper plugs that are a step cooler should be fine. Stephen's definitely the guy to ask about gap, ect.
Also, you need to think about a return fuel line.

·
Red Beard Innovations
1,146 Posts
Tony I said:
Yeah, copper plugs that are a step cooler should be fine. Stephen's definitely the guy to ask about gap, ect.
Also, you need to think about a return fuel line.
I'm an idiot, so I could be wrong, but I thought the fuel return was for larger direct port shots. With a 50 shot and a single fogger, would he need fuel return?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just throwing in my .02, but I'm about to spray the NX 50 wet shot and one of the guys that's been spraying for a while now told me to use a copper spark plug but not a step colder with a 50 shot...it's not needed and he said that the car would run crappy when you aren't spraying if you do get the step colder.

·
No more Spec
2,549 Posts
A spec will run fine without the juice if you go one step colder. A lot of guys that run only bolt ons without nitrous run a step colder plug. That is one of the reasons I recommend going two steps colder. If it were me I would run the cold plugs for track days and stock heat range for daily driving. Copper plugs will cost all of 8 bucks for a set and take you 15 minutes of your time to change.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Again, I'm guessing that Nice Guy could find the best deal, too. :p

·
Registered
935 Posts
I run one step colder NGK Iridiums, no problems with daily driving. Reason I run 'em is because I autox regularly and track my car (besides beating the living hell out of it every single day).

·
Registered
183 Posts
it's not a necessity to change the plugs, the system should be able to put up well with regular plugs. Or you can just run higher grade gas altogether and see how that works out. i've run 50 a for about 7 or 8 runs and i haven't any problems yet, but i'll be making the 50 my default setting in a little under a week. angel does have a point about adjusting the timing, but good luck finding a dealer willing enough to do it for specific causes (fat chance, at least around here)

Either way though, it wouldn't hurt to change 'em if you're paranoid about detonation issues.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts