B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i'm back on the horse fellas. picked up my new Sapphire Blue 2004 SpecV. Sunroof, ABS, Air bags, audio fanatic package...

more images: www.smellysox.net/gallery/sapphire

As you'll see in the gallery the front passenger wheel got curbed to hell and back. Don't know where they did that but they're replacing it, which would be expected.

Time to update the sig. :D

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was a little hesitant about the color, but i'm in love with it now. a BIG change from the dull Molten Silver. the good thing about the silver, you blend in with the rest of traffic. this blue is like a beacon! :(

either way its a nice car. if anyone is wondering, i purchased through CarsDirect.com and the purchase price was $16,041 or something low like that. after taxes and stuff it was like $17,700. i put a $5000 deposit on it using $3100 from my reimbursement check from my accident. I financed ~$12000 on it and my monthly payments over 48 months is $294. :) great deal.

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AntonToo said:
Sweet! Oktober is back in the fold! 04 feel any different?

Did you manage to salvage any aftermarket parts?
anton my buddy: I will not be getting any parts off the car. as of right now the only way that will happen is to locat the car after its auctioned off. i can not take part in the auction as its a private auction and you have to be a registered business to take part or some BS like that.

the '04 seems smoother. i know its probably in my head, but the '02 felt stiffer in the suspension, meaning you'd feel more of the bumps in the road in your seat, that doesn't seem as bad now. little things have changed. for example, the blinker handle don't feel as CLICK CLICK as in the '02, its smoother. the engagment of the clutch feels smoother. also probably in my head. the steering wheel leather seems to be more supple (sp?). those are just a few things i've noticed so far.

it only has like 150 miles on it. there is an Auto-X event with www.psccny.com tomorrow, but i'll probably just go to watch as its only like 20min away. i'll get to show the local guys the new ride and explain to them what happend. no one at the local region knows i crashed, there hasn't been an event since i got into the accident.

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AntonToo said:
OHhhh that sucks! did you get reimbursed for the parts at least???

Hmm, maibe I sould come autox tommrow there, how's big is the track around there?
this is the one held at Orange County Airport on a closed down taxiway. i'd say it is the fastest one i've driven on. its also long. typical times for the course range anywhere from 40-60 seconds depending on how technical.

when they make the course nice and staight i'd top out around 60-65 in 3rd. lots of friendly people too. GREAT surface to race on too. its a little far for you though, i'd say about 1.5-2hrs away.

do a mapquest/yahoo for directions to Goshen, NY. that will give you an idea.

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bjorkluv said:
Welcome Newbie :rolleyes: ..SEARCH.. :p
Just Kidding..Good luck with the new ride.. :cool: Did you break even with the Insurance Coverage on your flipped car?
Late
Daryl
i got about $3125 into my own pocket after paying off my ~$10,000 loan amount from the 2002 SpecV and the $500 deductible. I'd say it was a great situation. I'm now paying $9 less a month on the car, and its over 48 months instead of 60. Plus i got that $3100 to help with the down payment. i'd say i was very lucky to

1) get out alive with no injuries from the accident
2) get reimbursed nicely
3) find a car i'm happy with.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
OkToBeR said:
this is the one held at Orange County Airport on a closed down taxiway. i'd say it is the fastest one i've driven on. its also long. typical times for the course range anywhere from 40-60 seconds depending on how technical.

when they make the course nice and staight i'd top out around 60-65 in 3rd. lots of friendly people too. GREAT surface to race on too. its a little far for you though, i'd say about 1.5-2hrs away.

do a mapquest/yahoo for directions to Goshen, NY. that will give you an idea.
it's 98 miles, so I guess it's not that bad, especially if what you say about top of third gear is true!!! :D

There's 30% rain for first half of the day, so unless that number climbs significantly I'm in. Goshen??? isnt it Montgomery, NY?

Another thing is I just got a "SES" light today :eek: , I'll hook it up to diagnostic tool check out whats up tonight.

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bkpsu said:
Welcome another member of the Sapphire Blue Squad, we're growing strong in numbers :-D
Holla! :)

Anton: I'm going to start slow. Probably nothing MAJOR till next spring. I'll start with painting calipers, GenII Nismo Intake, lower tie bar and maybe something else before winter. I'm not going to just throw it all on. Not to mention, my friends/family think i'm a fool to consider modifying the car again. They think i'll do the same thing.....

·
14.09 @ 95.53mph!!
495 Posts
Nice color man, I loved it when I got mine, and I still do!...now drop it...helps alot!

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
OkToBeR said:
Holla! :)

Anton: I'm going to start slow. Probably nothing MAJOR till next spring. I'll start with painting calipers, GenII Nismo Intake, lower tie bar and maybe something else before winter. I'm not going to just throw it all on. Not to mention, my friends/family think i'm a fool to consider modifying the car again. They think i'll do the same thing.....
Explain to your friends and family that mods had nothing to do with it, you took that turn too fast, and thats the end of the story, you are experienced now and wouldn't let something like this ever happen again.

First mod? Nismo rear sway bar! :cool:

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
can you guys recommend a caliper color? blue? red?......seeing as red is no longer on the interior i'm not sure if it will go well. it also might look funny if the blue doesn't match the darkness of the sapphire....suggestions welcomed.

·
Registered
150 Posts
OkToBeR said:
can you guys recommend a caliper color? blue? red?......seeing as red is no longer on the interior i'm not sure if it will go well. it also might look funny if the blue doesn't match the darkness of the sapphire....suggestions welcomed.
i say black. keep it low profile. btw.... xcellent choice in color.. glad to see more and more 04 with the ugly bucktooth :D

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
OkToBeR said:
Black Pearl...or Orangeish-Red . :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts