B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went to Miami muffler and they gave me a quote of $260 for midpipe and install. The midpipe is mandrel bent and 2.5". I would have to supply the muffler. I would probably get a greddy or tanabe racing medalion.

The biggest advantage is that I won't have to pay for shipping. Stromung is in Cali, and to fedex sh*t is expensive!! It won't look stock (which kinda sux), but I am getting a quality job. A friend of mine has gone to them and they did his catback and downpipe (turbo). What does the crowd think about this idea?

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
Registered
297 Posts
stromung was only 15 dollars for shipping for me and I live as far away as possible from stromung, FLORIDA. $540 shipped for the best exhaust on the market that will probably ever be available for our cars is to me an excellent deal

------------------
formerly known as JCGator42, 2k1 Nissan Sentra SE w/PP mods: Cold Air Intake by Hotshot, and Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust(on its way over here), and Unorthodox Underdrive 4 pulley set(in a couple of weeks) [email protected]

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JC, you know a good place in Miami to check prices for just a muffler? I was lookin at the Greddy SP. I obviously don't need the midpipe, just the muffler. I don't know if they sell just like that, but I want to get a price to compare with the stromung.

Anyone know a good place online to check prices for greddy mufflers? Not he catback piping, just the can. Thanks all.

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
Registered
297 Posts
not sure but Select Sales, and Dynamic Turbo are locateed in Miami, they seem to be pretty proffessional.
Select Sales: (305)888-2828
Dynamic turbo: (305)593-5160

------------------
formerly known as JCGator42, 2k1 Nissan Sentra SE w/PP mods: Cold Air Intake by Hotshot, and Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust(on its way over here), and Unorthodox Underdrive 4 pulley set(in a couple of weeks) [email protected]

·
Registered
747 Posts
What size exhaust do we have??? (ex: 2 3/4", etc.) I'm thinking about just getting a bolt-on universal exhaust

------------------
2001 Black Sentra SE with Performance Package, JWT pop cone intake, clear turn signal bulbs, razo carbon pedals, neon cable interior kit :eek:) CUSTOM grille

·
Registered
124 Posts
Dude, that's a pretty good deal for mandrel bend piping. I'd say go for it.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SE-R
Custom 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot Cold Air Intake, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys (2set), Nis-knacks clear corners, timing at 19 degrees, Hotshot header(installing this week)
aim Stea1th727

·
Registered
297 Posts
yeah it is a good price, but you will lose like 5-7hp in the low end, plus gains in the top end will only be in the 3-5hp range, you should not go over 2.25" with mainly stock engine, 2.5" and 3" is mostly for turbo only. If you can get some 2.25" mandrel bends for that price or less then I'd say definately yes, also try to get a single chamber free-flow or glasspack muffler. I have seen some really crappy dual ones and even tri-chamber ones. The tip can't be over 3.5" or so, or you will also lose some perf. and make your car look plain ricey.

------------------

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hokemon:
What size exhaust do we have??? (ex: 2 3/4", etc.) I'm thinking about just getting a bolt-on universal exhaust

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>IT's either a 1 5/8 or 1 3/4 inch stock exhaust

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI
*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS* ***My Website***

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by azninvazion:
I just went to Miami muffler and they gave me a quote of $260 for midpipe and install. The midpipe is mandrel bent and 2.5". I would have to supply the muffler. I would probably get a greddy or tanabe racing medalion.

The biggest advantage is that I won't have to pay for shipping. Stromung is in Cali, and to fedex sh*t is expensive!! It won't look stock (which kinda sux), but I am getting a quality job. A friend of mine has gone to them and they did his catback and downpipe (turbo). What does the crowd think about this idea?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey it sounds like a pretty good deal if you can get a good deal on a muffler,,,and as long as it's not a grapefruit launcher HEHEHEHE :D

But the shipping for me on the Stromung was about 15-20 bucks and thats to Rhode Island

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI
*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS* ***My Website***

·
Registered
816 Posts
azninvasion
Greddy does not sell the canister by itself. They only sell the whole catback system. Also, I don't think that they have an exhaust as a direct bolt on for our cars yet.

If you want a good universal exhaust, look into 5Zigen or Apex. They usually run about $175-200 for the muffler and tip.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Dude, the tip doesn't effect performance. It is mainly there for sound control. That's why 4 cyl need bigger tips or we will sound like a housefly. you don't lose too much in the low end with the 2.5" either. If you are planning NOS it's a must.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SE-R
Custom 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot Cold Air Intake, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys (2set), Nis-knacks clear corners, timing at 19 degrees, Hotshot header(installing this week)
aim Stea1th727

·
Registered
124 Posts
if you get the improper piping diameter.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SE-R
aim Stea1th727

1 - 13 of 13 Posts