B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to rant here, but this ordeal is so ridiculous, it's *almost* funny. As we were all holding our breath for the CAI's this week (when Hotshot swore they would be available,) we have been let down again. I told myself that I was going to cancel my order if they didn't ship this week, but I don't even know if it's worth the effort.

The excuse this week is that the tubes did not come back from the coaters. So now the earliest the CAI's could possibly ship is next wednesday, February 28th. Well, that is if they actually show up. There is no guarantee they will be delivered. Heck, it might be February of next year before we see these things.

hehehe....I was thinking we should do a "rain dance" to please the intake gods. Then maybe they would release the elusive CAI to us. I AM WORTHY!!

------------------
2001 SE
P/P, 5 spd.
Cloud White

MODS:
------
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It was here, but now it's gone...but it will be back soon!!)
- Hotshot CAI (At The Coaters.)

Click HERE To Visit My Website!

[This message has been edited by maxximtl (edited February 22, 2001).]

·
Registered
605 Posts
why not just get place racing? an intake is an intake. Unless you are seeking sponsorship, I don't see a difference.

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
i think i might just get the place racing as well i don't see a difference either.... do they have a site address?????

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
www.placeracing.com

I have been mulling over doing just that, but I have so much time invested in this Hotshot deal (1 month.) Plus, I think they are gonna hit me with a 15% restocking fee. So, it would cost me 25 bucks just to get out of the deal, then wait for them to refund my money, then order the PR unit. I probably wouldn't get it any sooner, and it would cost me more.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd Cloud White.

MODS:
------
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It was here, but now it's gone...but it will be back soon!!)

·
Registered
446 Posts
I really don't see the point in waiting for Hotshot to get their act together. From what I have seen is looks like they have horrible customer service and continually push back the date that they will release their product. I am 100% satisfied with my Nissan Blue Place Racing CAI that I received in 1 day! Why wait for something if the exact same product with a different name is ready to be shipped? I have had nothing but good experiences with this company and would recommend their CAI to anyone that asks.

-iLL

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/ Performance Package, Place Racing CAI, Custom Grille,Pioneer DEHP 2000 + 4x TS-1675's

·
Registered
605 Posts
tell them that their service is unacceptable and that you should not be charged a restocking fee. BTW, what are they restocking? If they have not sent you your CAI, how could they restock it? If anything, they are charging you for paperwork, which is bullsh*t. Call them and *****, you'll get a full refund.

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
i am in the same situation as max.... welp.... we just gotta wait..... 15% bullsh**....... if anyone can get out of it.... let me know.... geez this sucks.... please keep information posted

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter

·
Resigned
411 Posts
Guys, I will sell you mine from my 2k. Used for 3 weeks and taken off. I am waiting for one replacement pipe that should be here next week with the new hose fitting in it for the boost sensor (not needed I used it without). If you don't care I will send it to you the way it is. $150 shipped! Its red.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sentra Styling:
i think i might just get the place racing as well i don't see a difference either.... do they have a site address?????

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package,5spd,Granite
Strobe lights in headlights, SMC STS, Gas cap holder, BridgeStone RE730 205x55/16s, Timing Advance @18 degrees, Mobil 1 5w30

·
Registered
605 Posts
I would love to take it russ, but I have a jade SE and the red would make my car look too christmasy!

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay, Hotshot Update #1125587.

Well, it looks like Hotshot raised hell with their ceramic coater, and got an additional delivery of intake parts today. Previously, they hadn't expected the next delivery until the 28th. So, our intakes *might* be in that order. They will know by Monday or Tuesday for sure.

They were very understanding about our concerns. I told them that the main reason we were all so upset is that Place Racing (their main competitor) had the parts in stock, ready to ship. He explained to me that they under estimated the demand for the B15 intake and didn't make it a priority when they should have. I told them it wasn't about brand rivalry or anything....we just want our parts. He was very apologetic, and I began to understand that they were trying their best to get the orders fulfilled. Because of this, I decided to give them one more week to sort things out. He assured me that it would be worth the wait. So, I will report again next week.

------------------
MODS:
------

·
Registered
605 Posts
are they going to be making a steady supply of these CAIs? Do you have a picture of what it would look like?

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I wish I had the money to pick up russ's red one it's the exact color i wanted too but I have no damn money EEEEEERRGGGGG!!!!!!

------------------

CAR:

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tell me about it. I am broke too! Plus, I have a trip to Vegas in T-minus 20 days.

------------------
MODS:
------

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Russ...will the PR Intake fit a GXE?
If it does I would like to buy it from u.
If not, is there anything I can do to make it fit?
Let me know.

Thanks

Later

------------------
2K Heatwave Sentra GXE 5spd
-Custom Painted Dash kit
-JWT Intake
-Custom Grilles

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
just a little update.... Hotshot has all the plates and clamps but no piping... they said wednesday.... again! There proto car is scheduled to be in March 5th.... so no header till probably april

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RussY2KSE:
Guys, I will sell you mine from my 2k. Used for 3 weeks and taken off. I am waiting for one replacement pipe that should be here next week with the new hose fitting in it for the boost sensor (not needed I used it without). If you don't care I will send it to you the way it is. $150 shipped! Its red.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Russ, I thought I had dibs...
Just let me know man, I'll wait for you to get that stuff in so I'll send you the money. Thanks buddy.

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Future mods:pR CAI, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Max, Gene, Ill...what is with this Hotshot stuff?? They always come up with something different when people call about it, where is their shop, so someone can go in there and talk to them face to face. Seems like phone conversation is not good enough sometimes... I just called Place Racing, and they just have a few blues in stock, and I had called them awile ago, and they said that the ones that will be red were at the powdercoaters, now they are telling me that they are gone and they aren't even making red for another few more weeks! Looks like if I don't get Russ', I'm going JWT POP.

------------------
Marvin

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Original Mr Sentra:
Max, Gene, Ill...what is with this Hotshot stuff?? They always come up with something different when people call about it, where is their shop, so someone can go in there and talk to them face to face. Seems like phone conversation is not good enough sometimes... I just called Place Racing, and they just have a few blues in stock, and I had called them awile ago, and they said that the ones that will be red were at the powdercoaters, now they are telling me that they are gone and they aren't even making red for another few more weeks! Looks like if I don't get Russ', I'm going JWT POP.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't know man it just seems they are giving us the major run around I mean i know that they are a small shop and all but they should'nt tell maxx and whoever is buying the CAI different answers everytime they call....But all i want from them anyways is the headers..I think i'm gonna go with place racing for the CAI when i get the extra dough...

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
See, the headers would more than likely have to come from HS, unless anyone has any brighter ideas, I've not heard too much bad things at all about their headers, especially when they come out with a B15 specific one. That would be pretty sweet, save the runaround.

------------------
Marvin

·
Registered
124 Posts
I agree, it takes awhile for you to get hotshots stuff. Their stuff is high quality though so it is worth the wait sometimes. Hotshot is not a large company like some would think. They are in fact very small. It is a difficult task for them to keep everything in stock and make everything, especially when things are in such high demand such as their header and CAI. I'm not trying to say that we shouldn't get our stuff faster, just trying to try to explain why we dont sometimes.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SE-R
aim Stea1th727

1 - 20 of 25 Posts