B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my car, I was reading some of the salesman training manuals that my salesperson had accidently left out on his desk. These are the publications that Nissan gives the dealerships that outline how to effectively demonstrate the car. The public aren't supposed to read them. heheh.

One of the funny things Nissan specifically tells the salespeople to do is floor the car and take it to redline in 1st gear immediately after leaving the lot. :rolleyes: Yeah, this is a REAL GOOD idea. The engine is cold, and the car has like 10 miles on it. I guess break-in is only a responsibility for the owner in Nissan's eyes.

Now, Nissan makes a big point in the owners manual about not exceeding 4K RPM's before 1,000 miles on the odometer. However, they tell the dealership to do the exact oppisite when demonstrating the car.

Just thought I would share that with you guys. I thought it was kinda humorous.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
-For Sale!

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
What???????? Maybe you misread it and it said do "not" floor the car and take to the redline. Or maybe there was a "Don't" at the top of the page??? Why don't you question them about it. If you have the name of the bulletin-I will.

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with AutoTrans

·
Registered
104 Posts
Damn, this is interesting information... I hope they didn't do that kind of crap with my car. :)

------------------
Marvin, aka Original Mr Sentra
2000 Nissan Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 spd, Avalanche
Current Mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I reread the passage when I was at the dealership to be sure that what I was reading was infact correct. The training manual SPECIFICALLY states to use full throttle accelleration to show the customer how much power the Sentra has. I couldn't believe what I was reading.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
-For Sale!

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maxximtl:
One of the funny things Nissan specifically tells the salespeople to do is floor the car and take it to redline in 1st gear immediately after leaving the lot.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe to demonstrate what the engine is capable of to the consumer? Still, bad practice on the salesperson's part. Did they do that to your car when you bought it???

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ stuff
Seeking SOHC VTEC once again...

·
Super Moderator
8,869 Posts
There is usually one car that the dealership specifically uses for demos/test drives.

I test drove a GXE when I made the decision to buy mine. Buckeye Nissan didn't have any SE's when I bought mine. The first SE I drove was the car I bought. They either had to trade another car or outright buy it from another dealership to get it.

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

·
Registered
446 Posts
yea, i test drove a different SE from the dealship than the one i bought. They had one on the lot, I had to feel the power so I raced a Turbo Miata on the highway then spun the tires while i was in front of the line at the line and my mom was in her maxima. So i got back "i don't like the sunroof". Got the radium one with 30 miles on it and I was happy.

-iLL

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/ Performance Package-Place Racing CAI- Stromung Full Cat-back- Custom Grille-Pioneer DEHP 7300 + 4x TS-1675's-
[email protected] mph

·
Registered
222 Posts
I really can't blame Nissan for this tactic. As far as I can tell, the target audience for this car is mostly composed of people who drive fairly hard.

Personally, I beat the **** out of ANY car I test drive, typically the salesman has to clean a pile of crap out of his underwear after we're done!

------------------
2001 SE 5-spd. w/PP Granite

Minor cosmetic mods....
HID-look headlamps & hyperwhite fogs. Autozone rubber antenna, blue aluminum valve stem caps. (not much...but it's a start!)
Lots of mods planned...waiting for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts