B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a Nissan Sentra 2010 that we replaced the battery in just a month ago. As per the pandemic and closures, we have only taken the car out 2-3 times since replacing the battery, and we have not driven it in about two weeks. When I tried to start it this afternoon, it wouldn't start at all. No clicking, mechanical sounds or lights. It seems no lights/wipers or anything electrical work at all, with the exception of the airbag light, which is a solid red (unless I put my foot on the brake at which time the light goes out.) The car also won't switch gears and is stuck in park. None of my FOB controls are working either (lock/unlock/trunk). I've tried wiggling/wiping/reattaching the battery cables but I'm getting nothing. Does anyone know how I can go about diagnosing this or if it's anything obvious?

·
Registered
5 Posts
It sounds like something may have drained the new battery completely. Do you have access to a digital voltmeter or multimeter? Take a look on Youtube as it's easy to check the voltage by yourself. Even if you are measuring a few volts (for example 3V), it won't be enough to even power the accessories.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts