B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I just ordered off of Courtesy Parts website and got my oil filters today. The box does not mention the 2000 sentra at all. It does say its for the SR20DE engine though. The part number is: 15208-65F00. Also the thing is a lot smaller then I expected, like the size of a slinky. Is this the correct part or did Courtesy's site mess me up? Thanks for replies.

G

·
That should be the one. It is a very small filter. The box doesn't list the B15. It is probably older stock. However, all the SR20DE's use the same filter, so your in good shape.

Be sure to get a new drain plug crush washer too...they are not reusable.

·
Registered
250 Posts
maxximtl said:
Be sure to get a new drain plug crush washer too...they are not reusable.
...as I found out the hard way recently, when I was under my SE-R and noticed that, for the very first time ever, the underside of the oil pan was coated with a thin layer of oil. I remembered then that I had been using the *same* washer since the car was new.

Maxximtl's right: change the drain plug washer with every oil change. The auto section of Walmart sells a 3-pack of 14 mm copper washers for $1.29.

DL

·
Registered
8 Posts
re:filter part nmber

Like i said before, i work for Nissan. That is the correct part number-15208-65F00. Seems small but its right! We sell the filters for $5.00. How much is everyone else buying them for. Of course I only pay 10% over cost.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
$5.83...

Wish Pure-1 (Purelator) made this application. Looks like q quality filter though.

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
Hmmm...not too sure about just the filter. Last oil change (standard 3750 mile service) cost me ~$12 with filter. Take into consideration I get a pretty good discount too, with the family relative thing and working on the tech's and parts manager's personal computers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts