B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the dealers today for some service. While I was waiting, I walked around and looked at their inventory. They had:
1 SE/PP
1 XE
1 GXE/convenience/luxury
MANY GEX/convenience

All of the sentras that are new on the lot were assembled in Smyrna, not Mexico.

There also seem to be two new "standard" options, the cabin microfilter, and the mud flaps.

The pictures of the SE-R's on trucks at Smyrna had me wondering. It looks like Sentra final assembly has now shifted there.

·
RWD is teh bomb
2,138 Posts
Since when are the Sentra's bein put together in Tenn? I thought they all were comin outta Mexico? VW moved their Golf/Bug/Jetta lines to Mexico too.

·
RWD is teh bomb
2,138 Posts
Yeah.. my 91 XE was too..but I thought all the 00/01 Sentra's were being made in Mexico.

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
I think they are being assembled in Tenn. and Mexico now. Both assembly plants were the source of cars at the dealership I bought mine from, when I was there Saturday. It's possible Nissan increased the amount they can build expecting an increase in sales?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think they're just saying that to make it sound better. On the sticker of the GXE that I bought last August, it says "Final Assembly Point: SMYRNA". It has floor mats, so if they put floor mats in TN, then FINAL assembly point is TN.

·
Registered
63 Posts
zhz said:
I think they're just saying that to make it sound better. On the sticker of the GXE that I bought last August, it says "Final Assembly Point: SMYRNA". It has floor mats, so if they put floor mats in TN, then FINAL assembly point is TN.
GOOD POINT!

·
Registered
347 Posts
true, I think mine came from mexico its a 2001 GXE, thats what I read on the label.. Then again I would rather 5.75 and hour works working on my car than 2.50 an hour at mexico. those figures are fake but you can see my point. I'd rather have the mexicans put in my floor mat then my engine. btw I dont hate mexicans, thier family ;-)

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are not going to ship it to Smyrna, put in floor mats, then ship it back to California. They must have transfered a lotm if not all, of the final assembly to Smyrna. If they were still making them in Mexico, I would expect California to be getting them from there.

Maybe they are setting up Mexico for the SE-R? I remember reading that they expected to sell a lot of them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts