B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
folks, we all know infinity is basically a nissan. well, dose anyone know if the 2000 G20 share parts with the 2000 sentra.

i would like the interior and the body kit from it. i checked out a G20 at a local delaer, and the side sills looked like it will fit! don't know id the bumpers would.

hey, a sentra with g20 parts!

please post info!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
that would be cool cause i think i saw a really nice looking body kit on a g20....

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

G

·
As far as I know, the G20 is based off the Altima. I don't think any of the parts would fit on our cars.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd Cloud White.
MODS:
------
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It was here, but now it's gone...but it will be back soon!!)
- Hotshot CAI (At The Coaters.)
Click HERE To Visit My Website!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
The G20 is actually based on the Primera. And no their stuff wont fit...

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*

[This message has been edited by DarKsiDe_SE (edited March 01, 2001).]

G

·
Well, the powertrain fits....and the brakes.
It's strange that the "outcast" G20 has more stuff than the more mainstream Sentra does.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It was here, but now it's gone...but it will be back soon!!)
- Hotshot CAI (In a Fed Ex Truck.)
Click HERE To Visit My Website!

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maxximtl:
Well, the powertrain fits....and the brakes.
It's strange that the "outcast" G20 has more stuff than the more mainstream Sentra does.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's "outcast" cuz it costs somewhere between $19,000 - $21,000, only has an SR20DE engine, is quite a bit heavier than a Sentra, and has all kinds of stuff that most people don't really need. To me, it's just not worth it.

But the G20s are sweet as hell and if given the chance, I'd still take one in a heartbeat.

------------------
Jae

'00 SE w/ PP
Dropped and some other stuff...

[This message has been edited by SR20DE 2K (edited March 01, 2001).]

·
Registered
605 Posts
only if they put the sr20det into the g20....

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if you ever paid attention, all the a, b,c pillars are the same dimensions as the sentra. most suspension, engine and tranny are interchangable. interior is identical (cluster, dash and console). it might be based on a sentra.

i know for a fact the earlier generation g20 were based on the sentra (94-98)

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by greendot:
if you ever paid attention, all the a, b,c pillars are the same dimensions as the sentra. most suspension, engine and tranny are interchangable. interior is identical (cluster, dash and console). it might be based on a sentra.

i know for a fact the earlier generation g20 were based on the sentra (94-98)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fact huh? Got something to reference that. Which parts of the suspension are interchangeable? Your saying the Infinity put the same interior from the sentra into a G20? If they are so indentical, they should have the same part #'s then or be cross referenced right? They have similarities but its based on the Primera, not the sentra not the sunny and not the lucino.

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have checked with nissan dealer, nad it is based on fact. both use same suspension, egine, tranny. interior is interchangeble. g20 has more quality leather, softer springs. that is know for a fact. but body panels, i don't know, and my nissan dealer could not give me any info. they only gave me info on the items listed above. i guess he didn't want to waste time.

the chasis, on the other hand, could be the primer you stated. that could count for the wierd cut on the rear taillights.

p.s, hood and fender are same, too!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i said MIGHT. my nissan dealer verified all suspension, engine and tranny, and all interior parts are interchangble. could not verify body kit or panels.

altough the rear has a different cut at the taillight, the parts man told me the fenders and hood, and most front grill and headlights MIGHT fit. this computer showed some parts having same part number. also, the brake system and few tiny items are cross checked with the nissan altima. and, the fuel system, where i wanted to replace the fuel filter, is the same as the maxima.

those are FACT!

i guess nissan wantws to cut cost and use interchangalbe parts!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Tell your nissan dealer to get a brain. the The infiniti G20 (P10 and P11) are based of of the Japanese Primera. Yes they share the same engine, but so does other cars that nissan makes in japan. As far as side skirts off the G20T you may be able to them. Jsut a matter of measuring and then seeing how the contours are. I have never really paid much attention to the sides of either car in great detail. Fuekl filters and stuff is very common to be the same part number for many of a certain manufacturers car since a fuel filter is sort of a "universal" part.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks, and actually, i went to another dealer saturday, they didn't have enough info, but still, some are interchangalbel. may be it is a primera, but i will check on the side skirts to see if it fits. it cost around $550 from the infinity dealer (van nuys, CA keys nissan.)

i will post, may be the infinity aftermarket kits might work?!?

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nope, in hollywood, i work in van nuys!

why?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think some parts are interchangable...hmm, suspension maybe, motor stuff, i doubt body kits, but i could be wrong cause i dont own a sentra anymore...but check this site out it may help a little, i don't know...
www.g20.net

lots of info on the g20, may need some modifications to fit any of the kits though.

------------------
2001 Infinti G20t
http://www.foreignimages.cjb.net

1 - 18 of 18 Posts