B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Slappy McGear Slapper
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed the nismo rear sway bar yesterday and just wanted to give another testimonial to how great a mod this is and how the install went. First of I installed this my myelf and it's a very doable solo install. Took me about 1.5 hours. But alot of that time was spent looking for tools and such. Didnt have a 19mm wrench so had to use a vise grib to hold the nut while I tightend the bolt down, this made the install a bt harder/more time consuming. I read one post that said this install was possible w/o removing the wheels, DO NOT believe that. There is almost no way to do this install wit the wheels on unless you have the worlds tinest hands and worlds smallest sockets.
One question I had for others who installed this piece was, how much clearance did you leave between the bar and the axle? I left about a fingers width. I figured the axle doesnt move front to back and the bar doesnt either so it should be fine.
I have the bar set at about %50 stiff and the difference is huge, body roll is notcieablly less and it pushes much less through turns. I dont think I'll need to set the bar any stiffer, but ocne I get the FSB in I may need to readjust. Thats my next install, gonna do FSB and MMI later this weekend.

·
I drive an auto...
1,569 Posts
good luck with the MMIs...just did them today with my friend will...hardest part was getting out the rear motor mount bolt...make sure u have a long extension and def. a breaker bar to break that ***** loose!...other than that, pretty simple....

·
Registered
19 Posts
when i installed my nismo rear sway i left about the same amount of space between the bar and the lateral link as u did i love the bar too its great to be able to adjust it if u do the front nismo bar be prepaired to have a shop do it for u (i recomend a shop do it cause i installed the front sway my self) or if u do it your self have someone their with u cause i had to drop the front cross member to install it all the bars together work great (front and rear sway bars and lower front tie bar) but install on the front sway was a bit of a ***** lol

·
Registered
730 Posts
ive been wanting the RSB for a while. Where can I find the best price on one? thanks.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
VegasSER said:
when i installed my nismo rear sway i left about the same amount of space between the bar and the lateral link as u did i love the bar too its great to be able to adjust it if u do the front nismo bar be prepaired to have a shop do it for u (i recomend a shop do it cause i installed the front sway my self) or if u do it your self have someone their with u cause i had to drop the front cross member to install it all the bars together work great (front and rear sway bars and lower front tie bar) but install on the front sway was a bit of a ***** lol
For the FSB you don't have to drop anything. Just follow the directions. You just have to have the right tools and some patience. My brother and I got it on in about an hour. You just have to snake it through there the same way you snake out the stock sway bar. Two people makes a huge difference over working alone too.

·
EVOlving
2,059 Posts
I just got my LTB and RSB from lee auto. They seemed to have the best prices. $310 shipping and all for both. I did the LTB last night...with the new turn in abilities it's almost as if my car hates going straight :) Now I just need to get the rear to tighten up (RSB install tonight) and I'll be set...for now ;)

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
BlackSpec02 said:
ive been wanting the RSB for a while. Where can I find the best price on one? thanks.
Read the whole thread, there is a number in there and who to talk to at this dealership thats having a blowout. Otherwise, the best I've seen is about $160-165.

http://forums.thevboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=40847

·
Southern Shift Racing
2,511 Posts
I can't wait to get the Eibach FSB/RSB kit this winter. :D Then my suspension mods will be done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts